Hidden Fog Grille

Hunter9003

Established Member
Thought I'd go a different route and go with the hidden fog light grille. Opinions? I haven't seen any others in person

IMG_0035.JPG

11051867_10205946751655100_5168162705329339033_n.jpg

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
Definitely cleaner than stock.

I personally don't like the fog lights even behind the grill...to me its distracting. If I would keep my fog lights they would at least get tinted a bit behind the grille. I am removing mine altogether though heh.

Hunter9003

Established Member
I definitely see that aspect of it, they really can be. But I really like how fog lights are a way to differentiate from the 3.7s

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
Personal opinion: I think it looks good, somewhat covering or removing the big satellite dishes Ford turned into fog lights always looks better to me. However, I would be worried (maybe not worried, but cognizant) of any loss in airflow. It's already honeycomb and now you're adding horizontal slats.

Probably not a concern on just a DD, but for others or me who plan on an oil cooler being mounted - opting for a delete is another good option.
IlopLQ2.jpg

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
I have the billet grills with tinted fogs. You can't tell they are there until turned on.

Hunter9003

Established Member
It's actually from mrbodykit or something. I'd have to look again. I removed the honeycomb so I guess you could say it increased airflow. There's a bracket behind the grille holding them in

Rct851

Established Member
Looks good. I would have already done the same thing if the lower grill was an actually replacement instead of going over the honeycomb. That would bother me to no end

soSincerious

Established Member
I feel like an eleanor style mounted in the upper grille would be awesome. why has no one made this yet

the one from the ebay guy has the right idea, but mounted behind the grille is a bit awkward to me.

OP, I like the idea. maybe some light tint on them?

mackdog2008

Established Member
I like mine.

20140623_161919_zpsuf6dbwuy.jpg

It's a Roush grille that I custom made some brackets to hold the fog lights, not that hard to do, also moves them to the center a few inches.

I know it's not a 11-12 but the same thing could be done.

Hunter9003

Established Member
How did you get the wiring on the right side to reach for the fog lights? I would advise going that route over the mrbodykit. Reason being is that the installation really came with no instructions and quality is okay.

mackdog2008

Established Member

pierce88

Established Member

mackdog2008

Established Member
So funny. When you look at the last picture from the back it makes all those steps extremely simple. But when you go picture by picture it looks like quite the task...

-Pierce
Yeah it looks hard but it only took me 2 hours to complete minus the time it took to remove and install the bumper so probably about 3 hours.

Worked great and looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread