Hidden Antennas

N A Rush

Established Member
I accidently revived an old thread titled http://www.svtperformance.com/foru...694-kind-like-wheres-waldo-but-backwards.html
I actually wanted to ask a couple follow-up question to the old thread…

I used a hidden antenna under the A pillar on the passengers side. I have no idea how well it gets a signal, but I'll find out soon enough I guess.
Eric,
Do you remember which antenna you used???
Are you happy with the mounting location and its reception???

I have a hidden antenna under my dash and my signal is better than it was with the stock piece
Clint,
Which antenna did you choose???
How did you mount yours???

Here is the antenna I was thinking of going with:
Electric Antenna - Automotive
eBay Motors: Dakota Digital ANT-2000 Hidden Antenna Harley Baggers (item 370195271193 end time May-30-09 06:21:38 PDT)

Any have any experience with it???

qurtrn10

Established Member
Thanks for finding this! On the next trip to the body shop, I was going to ask for a quote to remove the stck one, and french in an electric one, so it wouldn't be shown. Now it looks like I'll just relocate the original one, and have them fill in the hole and paint! You saved me some money! :beer:

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
I'd also be interested to know what the reception's like, especially AM stations...I'd like to do this to both cars.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
This is the antenna that I used.

eBay Motors: Autoloc Hidden FM Antenna Kit - Easy to Install! (item 110385294852 end time May-10-09 10:01:13 PDT)

I mounted it at the top of the winshield.
DSCN2323.jpg

You can barely see it.

To be honest, I really don't listen to the radio much. When I do it has good reception. It might fade under a bridge or something but nothing that would stop me from doing it again.

Another way to save some cash is to buy an Expy fender from the junkyard and have it painted instead of paying for the shaving body work.

N A Rush

Established Member
This is the antenna that I used.
You can barely see it.

To be honest, I really don't listen to the radio much. When I do it has good reception. It might fade under a bridge or something but nothing that would stop me from doing it again.

The Autoloc was the other one I was looking at. We used a sim antenna for extended ranges on alarms we installed.

BTW, thanks for the input.

Between you and a couple Harley friends I posed the questions to today it seems like the most logical choice.

Another way to save some cash is to buy an Expy fender from the junkyard and have it painted instead of paying for the shaving body work.

Damn, I wish I knew that a few months ago we I was having the front end repainted.

Users who are viewing this thread