HID - What color?

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Remember, the higher you go on the Kelvin scale the less light it will output.

I say 6,000k that is what I have also.

Headlights = HID GUY 6,000 k
Fogs = stockers

IMG_1316-1.jpg

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
He is the only one I would buy HIDs from IMO.

Great Customer service, fast shipping, great products. Stands behind his warranty. Legit Guy.

matt87

Established Member
mine are 10k hi/lo from ddm tuning. post some pics of yours when you finish the install.
Picture063.jpg

My94GT

Established Member
how do those of you with the hi\low like them?? is there that much a difference then just plain low beam hids??

matt87

Established Member
ahh they are not that great. all they do is pull the bulb closer into the base via a electric magnet, or something like that.i guess it kinda redirects the light up. i think its more so you dont loose the use of the high beams when you flip them like in the single kits.

Sny714

Established Member
I have the 5000k kit from Xenonlink.com. Installed them last summer and havent had one problem yet. My friend has the 6000k kit also and he hasnt had any problems. To me my 5000k is a little more blue than I would like but its still much better than stock.

matt87

Established Member
well ddm shipped them quickly but there were some minor issues.my kit is the hi/lo 10k 35 watt with the black ddm mini ballasts. firstly i ordered a 55 watt kit but i received a 35 watt kit. also no instructions came with the kit. i know its not rocket science to install them but it wouldve been nice to have them. youtube helped alot.

Last edited:

POISND U

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Established Member
These are 6000k but they look more blue than they really are....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNq47IuNK5U]YouTube - 99 SVT Mustang Cobra MRT catted H and Flowmaster Original 40 weld ins[/ame]

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
I have 6k heads and fogs. They are from an ebay seller. I had some issues due to ballast placement (I think). I found a new vendor that is much more helpful. I like them alot and they are a billion times better then silverstars for a few bucks more.

Kirko

Established Member
Yeah those 6k lights look extremely more blue in that video than the 5k look in that picture before it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread