HID problems with high beams (bi-xenons)

bwahl602

Established Member
So i installed my HIDGUY 6000k hids in my headlights today.. Im about 75% happy with the kit..
for one: the o-rings on the H10 bulbs for the fog lights are too thick.. the bulbs dont fit into the 03/04 fog light housings im using.. they get pinched.. i had to sand the inside of the bulb hole..
two: the wiring harnesses are well thought out.

anyway, heres my issue. Ive found that the high beam and low beams arent exactly doing there jobs.. when you click from low to high and vise versa, the light doesnt go up or down at all. actually the concentration of light seems to go left and right... the high beams make the concentration of light point in towards the center on both lights, and low beams gives a bit wider of a path... but the distance of light isnt great by any means and the high beams dont help

i found that the bulb socket on the headlights has three tabs, and the HID bulb only fits into them one way. The HID bulbs do not have the same kind of grooves as the traditional 9007 bulbs..

Do you think the bulbs just need rotated? that would reorient this left/right high low movement that im getting now to the correct up/down

opinions?

thanks

MrSwa

Established Member
Sounds like they're turned. Not really sure if this is possible though (don't have them on my car..... yet). When I insatlled my wife's set in her civic, they couldn't be oriented the wrong way but this could be different on mustang headlights. Hope you figure it out. We both love the ones in her car.

bwahl602

Established Member
im not really sure how the bi-xenons work.. does the bulb just get brighter... im having trouble finding any tech on this..

i may have to file the locator tabs out of the bulb socket

Users who are viewing this thread