HID or LED Headlight

jean

Established Member
Was driving last night in a country road with rain and fog ,i found very dangerous with the regular set-up.
my other car is outback 2016 and a big difference.
Any information which is better HID or LED?

Thank

Killer Ride

Established Member
I have both. Hid heads and led fogs, same color and appears to be the same intensity.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
If you're implying you want to use Plug and Play HID or LED headlights in your factory housings, don't bother. Both will suck equally especially in the rain.

Dusten

Established Member
Look up bullseye retro's on fb. they do good retrofit hid headlights for lightnings

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Try this site:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/#.VGp4W8mrEow

I have been running their 6000K HID kit [Hi/Lo beam] for a few of years with no-problem. I also ordered a HID kit for my winter-beater and got family to order/install HIDs using this site too. Had a slight issue once & they honored their warranty, so overall great product & service.....
Before that I had a 1st gen HID kit, single beam too, which worked great [exempt for no hi-beam] for at least a decade until I upgraded to the retro-fit source kit.

But you will need to by a tool to adjust [aim lower] the headlamps since the HIDs are much brighter....

You can order off Amazon on one of this wrenches for the headlamp:

Lang Tools 5529A 4mm x 4.5mm Ford Headlight Adjusting Wrench

Lisle 14540 Headlight Adjusting Ratchet for Ford

Blainer

SVT Poster
Established Member
Birthplace of Speed, Ormond Beach, Florida
I am over the HID thing. Some put the bulbs in the regular diffusers of the Lightning, bad idea! HIDs use projector lenses, which is what the kit above does. It installs them into the light assembly with projectors. That way you don't have allot of light from the HIDs blinding people getting diffused out. If they make an LED bright, I might go that route. I don't like the "look" of the HIDs. I love the stock lights of the Lightning to much!

Users who are viewing this thread