HID help

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
My friend gave me a set of HID's for my Cobra. There are 2 wires that need to be spliced into the harness of the car. He said that he just plugged the wires into the factory plug. He said there is no need to cut into the factory harness. Does anybody know where to put them? If I plug them in wrong will it cause a nasty short that will cause my car to horoshima? Any input would be great!

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
They won't really short anything. Most better HID kits have polarity protection built in so if you plug them in wrong they just won't turn on.

On a 9007 headlight, the center wire should be ground and the outer ones are for hi or low beam. With only 2 wires to connect it sounds like you have a lo beam only kit, so you will have to try the red (+) wire into either side on your car's plug and see which one gets power when your lo-beams are supposed to be on.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Thanks for the help.

I just noticed that they are from a 2007 Mustang and mine is a 2004. I think the bulb numbers are different also. 2007 Mustang is=H13 and 2004 Cobra=9007. It doesn't look like they will work. Can anybody confirm this for me??????????

Users who are viewing this thread