HID dual beam headlamp kit for 99-04 and a single guage

BLK_VNM

Established Member
dont know if you guys remeber i failed that state inspection for these but now that im selling the car and i never put these back in i figure ill sell them since i found them cleaning out the closet. they have mabey 1 nights worth of useage on them so they are brand new just not in the box and original wrapping.

they have the dual beam(have a hi and lo setting like stock headlights) xenon headlamp kit. 8k bulbs(semi blue color not really white and not import bright blue).

http://www.stangmods.com/Mustang-Bi-Xenon-HID-Conversion-Kit-p/00068-bixenon.htm

that is the site i got mine from and you can see their video of how they look and the difference they make and thats the exact kit i got.

great set and it makes a huge difference at night.

225 shipped and of course ill make a deal for a fellow maca guy.

also have a cobalt air/fuel guage. older style not the new wideband version with minor damage to the silver bezzles on the bottom side of the guage. 50 bucks shipped.

thanks for looking justin

Last edited:

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
I am curious why you failed. Are they not legal in the state?

Last edited:

BLK_VNM

Established Member
the guy said and i quote "2 bright" if you search awhile back i made a whole big thread about it since i was pissed i had just paid how ever much for them and got failed after being so happy using them the night before.

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
How was the beam with these in the stock housings? I've heard that some HID kits an inconsistent beam in stock, non HID housings. But I've never actually known anyone who has HID lights in a Cobra. How's the install? Is it plug and play or is there cutting and splicing required? Thanks.

BLK_VNM

Established Member
basically all plug and play. you have to mount transformers in the engine bay and then it has eye holes on the ends of the wires for the battery so no splicing there either. everything else has connectors to just plug into the transformers. the actual light assembly just twists and snaps into place into the housing.

they looked great to me so i dont think there were any inconsistensies with the beams. the only problem i ever heard was that hid lights in the begginning ran so hot they would melt stock housing but that problem was fixed pretty fast and the new xexon styles run cooler then the stock halogen.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
How was the beam with these in the stock housings? I've heard that some HID kits an inconsistent beam in stock, non HID housings. But I've never actually known anyone who has HID lights in a Cobra. How's the install? Is it plug and play or is there cutting and splicing required? Thanks.

I have HID's in my cobra. The light doesn't scatter like you might think. Tho I dont have stock housings, but they aren't projectors either.

Users who are viewing this thread