hid bulb replacement?

v8venomgt

Established Member
my DD 02 pontiac gtp has an hid kit that the previous owner installed. brand is unknown. one headlight recently had a bulb that intermittently wouldnt work but now its totally dead. i dont know anything about hid bulbs but im assuming the bulb is dead rather than a grounding issue of sorts. also, one foglight bulb will go from white to purple and then burn out. im guessing that this is a matter of a cheap bulb on its way out?

wheres a a decent place to get hid bulbs? its my dd, so i need to make this happen sooner than later and dont want to deal with slow vendors and cheap bulbs that prematurely wear. thanks :beer:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Could be a ballast. Swap ballasts side to side and see if the problem changes.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
If you need new bulbs afterall, check out theretrofitsource.com and get a set of Morimoto bulbs to replace the (possibly) eBay cheapies.

v8venomgt

Established Member
im kind of leaning towards just purchasing new kit altogether instead of trouble shooting this cheapo generic kit that came with the car. ive comes across several nightmares about ddm tuning.

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I would suggest getting a kit from The Retrofit Source. It will be a higher end kit, around $200 or so with ballasts and everything, but it will be the best PNP HID kit you can get.

Users who are viewing this thread