Hi Im a newbie!

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
Just got a new Terminator for the wife. I must say I am a Chevy guy with my 01 WS6 at around 700+ to the wheels. But this car is fun to drive just with boltons. Im going to get him some bling and either a Whipple or a KB. Just wanted to introduce myself and let the mod party begin. :burnout: Here are some pics.

Cobra5.jpg

Cobra4.jpg

Cobra3.jpg

Cobra2.jpg

cobra1.jpg

Last edited:

Juruense

Banned
Welcome. It appears that your new Cobra already has an aftermarket CAI and c/c plates. This means there is a good chance there are a few other mods in there. I would guess it also has an aftermarket shifter, quad, and f/w adjuster but this is only a guess.

I would suggest you remove the s/c pulley cover. I would also suggest you go through the car and perform any needed preventitive maintenance. How many miles are on it?

Enjoy!

Last edited:

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
Kilgore Trout said:
Welcome. It appears that your new Cobra already has an aftermarket CAI and c/c plates. This means there is a good chance there are a few other mods in there. I would guess it also has an aftermarket shifter, quad, and f/w adjuster but this is only a guess.

I would suggest you remove the s/c pulley cover. I would also suggest you go through the car and perform any needed preventitive maintenance. How many miles are on it?

Enjoy!

It has a tune,cold air,magnaflow exhaust,MGW shifter and a smaller pulley. Laid down 455 rwhp and 478 TQ. I have a dynojet so I will be looking to what the AFR is set at with my LM1 and get her up to par. I just got it yesterday. Had it on the lift and not a single oil leak and the car is well taken care of. Im going to replace the brake pads and rotors ASAP. I am going to remove the cover and add the tensioner pullies to it. The car has 26,550 miles on it. This mofo has not traction at all! :kaboom: Should be fun modding this car. Its for the wife so there will be alot of bling that comes with it. :coolman: Just trying to decide if I want a Whipple or a KB. Thanks for all the comments. Look forward to being part of this site without fighting with a certain member here. :dw:

Last edited:

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
SVT_4_me said:
Nice looking cobra man!! And nice garage too!! Welcome to the club...

Thanks I like the garage. I put alot of work into it. Heres my other toy thats usaully there but Im doing some work on her at the shop right now to make her faster. Best time so far is 10.25@135 but Im have over 100 rwhp more now. So all the people that said I was a ford hater can eat there words now :loser: So Im not a newbie to Boost!

HPIM1171.jpg

HPIM1174.gif

HPIM1175.jpg

HPIM1171.jpg

th_mmnov2006_JMBLOWNWS6_red_ta_vs_whit.jpg

Last edited:

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
Hey guys who's the contact for the born date and make #. I have all of it from my F body and would like to make something for the cobra.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
JMBLOWNWS6 said:
From about 6 hrs of reading I leaning towards the Whipple. For Now.

If it's the 3.4L Whipple, do it. If it's the 2.3L Whipple, don't. It's not enough
blower for you. You're going to want to make big power I'm guessing.
Pick up a 2.8L KB.

Congrats on the purchase. Looks nice.

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
unit213 said:
If it's the 3.4L Whipple, do it. If it's the 2.3L Whipple, don't. It's not enough
blower for you. You're going to want to make big power I'm guessing.
Pick up a 2.8L KB.

Congrats on the purchase. Looks nice.

Hey man. I should have known you where on here since you a mod on tech :D Im happy with what it has now. But I know how that will get old quick. :shrug: Im really in no hurry but I like to get my mods all at once and do it in one round vs changing my mind 30 different times. Has anyone compared the new 3.4 to the KB? Im a rookie on this so I am using the search. Just so much I can read about in one day ;) Better pics when I get home today :)

Last edited:

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
Mr. Couper said:
nice cobra, see you on the streets.

Hey bro its Joe Michael from Lethal Performance in SA. :D Yours is the silver car we built. I remember the day I tested it :( Hope everything is working out for you. Didnt Danny get a blower off you the other day?

03nightmare

BRAD
Established Member
man that engine bay in that firebird looks cramped as hell. I bet you will have more fun working on the cobra. At least you shouln't be curseing out ford compared to that firebird. I give you props, firebirds drive me crazy when I have to work on them. used to be a GM tech for 2 years 2000 and 2001 ive had my fair share of those things no thanks. The car looks good though hope your wife likes the cobra.

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
To be honest with you my firebird is simple to work on. I just changed the the valve cover seals and the plugs. Took me about 2 hrs. But yet Ive done about 10 to 15 driveline swaps so it becomes second nature. It is alot easier than it looks. I just undo 4 clamps and roll the aftercooler towards the vortech water tank and I have full access. On the driver side I just take the clips for the front lid off and 1 band clamp and I have full access to the drivers side. I look forward to working on this car. I built my TA myself plus working at a performance shop on the side helps. I did some work last night and it isnt too bad. Thanks for the reply.

JMG

Last edited:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
JMBLOWNWS6 said:
Has anyone compared the new 3.4 to the KB?

Not that I know of. I'm not even sure if the 3.4L Whipple is out yet.
That's a lot of blower. I wouldn't bolt that on without building the motor.
The 700rwhp mark is getting easier to achieve with the 2.8L KB though.

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
unit213 said:
Not that I know of. I'm not even sure if the 3.4L Whipple is out yet.
That's a lot of blower. I wouldn't bolt that on without building the motor.
The 700rwhp mark is getting easier to achieve with the 2.8L KB though.

I think that will be enuff. Im just going to purchase a KB 2.8. I wanted a whipple but hood clearance and its not out yet are factors I dont want to deal with. Thanks for the help unit213 :)

Users who are viewing this thread