Hey whats best programmer?

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
I have a motoblue 4# and it seems to be very high quality, its the interchangable model.

I love my Predator but its most important to go with w/e tunner your dyno tuner tunes with. If you are not going to use a dyno tuner then go with either the Predator or Excal II. They both have similar features. The excal can hold I believe 3 custom tunes vrs. the Preds 1 but this isnt a factor if you are not going to dyno/mail order a tune. It seems as though Predators are a bit cheaper used which is nice if money is an issue. I got mine for 175 shipped which I think was an awesome deal! It still has the the protective screen plastic on it.

One other thing, if you buy your tunner used be SURE that it is not "married" to the owners truck. Im not sure how much you know about this stuff but in order for the tunner to work on another vehicle the original tune must be reinstalled on the truck you previously used the tunner on (otherwise we would just pass a tunner around and tune everyones truck for free costing the company that makes them all of their profit) does this all make sense? If not hit me up and Ill clarify. :)

angel1

Established Member
xcal here too
but if you want the best out of the tune, its best to get it dyno tuned
since every truck runs differently with the mods.....

fullboogie

Established Member
Depends on what you want. For comprehensive datalogging to a laptop, the Xcal2 is the hands down winner. But I've heard some people say the Pred is better for hand held logging.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
the predator takes alot longer to load than the xcal2. i waited in the stageing lanes last week for 10 min so my buddy could install the tune with his predator.

Freedom

Established Member
The bottom line is for you to find a local dyno tuner first and buy whatever product they use.... trust me you will save yourself a ton of grief this way. The xcal vs predator is moot, they are both capable of basically the same thing.... the difference is in how far you have to drive to get it tuned.

02Lightningbolt

It JuSt A tRuCk!!!
Established Member
I don't live that far from Strickly Performance so im going to see what they say and PSI motorsports! Thanks to all of yall's posts guys yall have been helpful! :thumbsup:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
CHIZ said:
the predator takes alot longer to load than the xcal2. i waited in the stageing lanes last week for 10 min so my buddy could install the tune with his predator.

That's a negative Ghost Rider...the pattern is full.

It does not take the Predator 10 minutes to load a tune onto a truck. It was user operator problems if it took that long. It only takes me a max of 3 or 4 minutes to load a tune from my Predator to my truck.

The only way it would take longer is if he was uploading the tune from his laptop to his Predator, then to his truck, while you waited in the staging lanes.

As for the question this post asks, all you'll get is opinions on the matter. Asking which handheld is better will only get you very subjective responses based on opinions only.

Asking for pro's and con's of the two major handhelds would more effectively garner the information you need to help you make a decision for you needs.

Stewart

Users who are viewing this thread