Hey old(er) guys, I want to hear "your story".

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
I enjoy listening to older folks talk about the things that have happened to them in their lives nearly as much as they like telling them. From their happiest moments to their toughest trials and tribulations over the years, its sometimes amazing what can transpire.

This is not the same as listening to it in person and Im not sure how many older members we have here, so this is kind of a shot in the dark, but if you feel like sharing some stories (even if you think its "boring") from your youth or whenever, ill be all ears.

Tispho

Established Member
Maybe you should try visiting a retirement home. I'm sure lots of folks there would love to tell you their stories.

MurderedOut

RIP
Established Member
get on a harley website, seriously, doods on there are generally old, and talk a lot about how it used to be in the 60s and 70s. hdforums.com

Blackness03

Established Member
get on a harley website, seriously, doods on there are generally old, and talk a lot about how it used to be in the 60s and 70s. hdforums.com

haha i go on that forum every day. was just over there reading. you are right. bunch of old people over there talking about "back in the day".

also, like said above..Go to a retirement home. those people have nothing to do and would love to talk

ssssnake

Established Member
I'm old, and I have lots of stories, but I ain't telling....
devil.gif

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
I'll be 60 years old next year.

And I got to see, in person, the very last above ground American atomic detonation. My dad was a rocket scientist/engineer and was able to get us into the VIP grandstands near Jackass Flats to see the last big kaboom. Unfortunately it was the very smallest atom bomb ever tested. The "Little Feller" was the W-54 and in the configuration tested when I got to see it was a miniscule 18 tons of TNT yield. It was fired out of the 155mm "Atomic Cannon"
It was July 17, 1962 and I was 9 at the time.

My dad was the head liaison engineer for the project to attach this atomic bomb to a Nike Ajax missile, which at the time was deployed all around Los Angeles (and many other cities) to stop the Commies from bombing us.

I actually got to shoot one off myself at White sands test range for the brass from Fort Benning, Georgia
The funny thing was that I didn't know that all I was going to do was push a button. I was hoping I would get to light an actual fuse. I was so disappointed. Plus, it was non nuclear, and didn't even have an explosive warhead.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Good one oldmodman, I have a few at 55 as well, I was a firefighter (smoke diver, company officer, EMT, driver engineer, Live Fire instructor)for 32 years This firehouse I was at #3 was always a zoo. It was in the ghetto and we had been shot at, the truck was hit, one of my backseaters got hit, there were bullet holes in the station doors, the place was off the hook. There was a cop that justifiably shot a thug and that started 4 days of riots. One day I was sitting at the desk and thinking it's been a slow day..just as that thought crossed my mind someone started banging on the station door covered in blood..I thought well that's right on time. There was a guy that ran up to the station at 3 AM.rang the house bell we opened the doors just in time to see him hit dead in the chest with a 12 gauge. I loved the place it was great.
Just one thing, I used to go to calls all the time on these old people, when you get to talking to them you don't realize there was a frail old guy, crapping his pants and having a hard time breathing and when you talk to his family you realize that this guys was a fighter pilot in WW2 and flew off some carrier deck that ended up sunk. In their day these old guys had balls of absolutely freakin' steel.

Last edited:

94svtfang

EMT.Broke.Tired.Student
Established Member
Just one thing, I used to go to calls all the time on these old people, when you get to talking to them you don't realize there was a frail old guy, crapping his pants and having a hard time breathing and when you talk to his family you realize that this guys was a fighter pilot in WW2 and flew off some carrier deck that ended up sunk. In their day these old guys had balls of absolutely freakin' steel.

Right on Sir!.:beer:

I'm not old at all, but I am an EMT. I transport men and women in their 60's, 70', 80's, and 90's on a daily basis. I'm so honored sometimes by the people I get to transport.
While I cannot violate The HIIPA regulations and give too much info, I can say that I've been lucky enough to transport a man who is a Medal of Honor Recipient. I transported him for months. He shared hours of stories with me and I'll probably never forget some of them. Watching this man recount things that most anyone in this world has yet to experience was amazing and flat out inspiring. He was a WWII Infantryman. His stories have been retold on a pretty famous HBO series.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I understand what the OP is talking about----when I bought my GT350 back in the mid 90's we talked to the original owner for the whole weekend before taking the car--loved his stories. We visited him until his death and every time he talked for hours about all his adventures as a dam builder. Cool stuff.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I used to have to DIAL my phone. God how we used to have to work.:whine:

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
I've sure gotten old. I've had 2 By-pass surgeries. A hip replacement, new
knees. Fought prostate cancer, and diabetes. I'm half blind, can't hear
anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make
me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts. Have bouts with dementia. Have
poor circulation, hardly feel my hands and feet anymore. Can't remember if
I'm 85 or 92. Have lost all my friends.

But.....Thank God, I still have Florida driver's license!

Users who are viewing this thread