Hey! NeedaCobra

SVTHorsnake

Banned
So... any update on the turbo project? You gonna work on it while it's in storage??? (I posted this because I thought others may find it interesting)

:beer:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
hahaha, This winter is the AOD to T5 conversion, and hopefully a new head/cam/intake combo if I can save up enough. I'm going to wait on the turbo project until I can get a better bottom end :( I'm afraid I'll blow something up w/ my hypereutectic pistons :cryying: I'd like to save up for a Dart 331 bottom end, then put a loooooooot of boost to it (Dart blocks can hold 2000hp :eek: ) We'll see what the money tree provides this winter :lol1:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Oh, one more thing I forgot. I've thought about buying a nitrous kit and jet it for around 75-100hp just to use occasionally until I can afford a turbo. If I do, I'll be sure to get a lot of "purging" pictures :lol:

Then I can still use it w/ the turbo once the bottom end is built well :idea:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Jonathan,unless your car is runnin a different engine other than it's original,you have forged pistons in it.....The 5.0L had them in there from 85 to 92....And yours is a 90...The hypereutectics went in from 93 to now(cept for the 03 Cobras of course)...;-)

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
28 Fangs:
Yeah, I know, however the previous owner rebuilt the engine, and when he did, he didn't have the money for forged pistons so he put hyper. pistons in :cryying: The bottom end has new bearings, polished crank shaft, etc., just not forged pistons :(

Users who are viewing this thread