Hey! Mustangs with sunroofs?

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
So, I have looked at mustang options for 2005, and I notice there is no sunroof/moonroof
Sort of odd for a car, hell any car, to not have one as an option these days. Even the base focus and kias offer it as an option.
So I began thinking, and I can't recall any other tintops having them, aside from the t-top foxes.
Has ford had a sunroof/moonroof as an option on either the fox, SN95, or new edge mustangs? Have I just been under a rock, or what's the deal?
Guys?

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Yeah there was a few that had sunroofs in 99 or 00. I just remember going to a dealership and they had one used for sale so don't remember the year but I have never seen another GT have a sunroof since. Ford doesn't want to make them anymore because they belive that they take away from the sales of Convertibles.

rockX219

Established Member
I think they were available on on the 80's foxbodies. Not sure on the specific years though.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
SQ Stang said:
Yeah there was a few that had sunroofs in 99 or 00. I just remember going to a dealership and they had one used for sale so don't remember the year but I have never seen another GT have a sunroof since. Ford doesn't want to make them anymore because they belive that they take away from the sales of Convertibles.

i think that was aftermarket, i only think the foxes had that option

LogiWorld123

Established Member
I had a 93 LX with AC and sunroof.

Both my Contours have AC and I guess moon roofs. (rooves?)

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Vancouver83LTD said:
So, I have looked at mustang options for 2005, and I notice there is no sunroof/moonroof
Sort of odd for a car, hell any car, to not have one as an option these days. Even the base focus and kias offer it as an option.
So I began thinking, and I can't recall any other tintops having them, aside from the t-top foxes.
Has ford had a sunroof/moonroof as an option on either the fox, SN95, or new edge mustangs? Have I just been under a rock, or what's the deal?
Guys?

Uhhhhh, last time I checked, my neighbor's '93 Cobra had a factory sunroof...

BTW, sunroofs **** up the roofline, IMO.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
You can get some good looking and reliable sunroofs/moonroofs, but you'd better install it right or you're gonna have an indoor pool.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Of the 3 people I know who've had Ford sunroofs (all 80s or 90s cars), they've all leaked.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Of the 3 people I know who've had Ford sunroofs (all 80s or 90s cars), they've all leaked.
For the ten months I have owned my 89 GT I have had it in the rain a few times and washed it a zillion times and it has NEVER leaked a drop.

1slosvt

Established Member
my brother's 92 has a factory sunroof. i think it was discontinued after the foxes. which is good b/c they're ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread