Hey MCT...Check in!!

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Hello to all and Happy Holidays!!

It's been forever since I checked in so I just wanted to say hello...give you an update on me and see who's still around.

It's hard to believe that the MCT came to life about 10 years ago!! It started from the desire of a few Terminator owners to hang out and enjoy a truly amazing and unique car together. Dyno days, cruises, mod parties, pub crawls, car meets, shows, track outings...and of course...hanging out at Billetflow...it was a great time!!

I know that many of us have sold our cars or have become busy in life...like myself in both instances. But I never lost the desire to gtg with likeminded power enthusiasts who enjoy fast cars and camaraderie.

Fast forward from the good ole days...My 2 boys are in college...I'm retired from the DHFD...Co-own a restaurant and I am now the Fire Chief for Marathon Petroleum Corp in Detroit. I own a 2007 Katech Z06, 1993 Viper, and a 2003 Marauder. My allegiance to Ford is still alive and well, but since I sold the 07 Shelby I have been underwhelmed by its successors...UNTIL NOW!

When I read about the 2013 Shelby I felt the same excitement I did when I first learned about the Terminator back in 2001. Those of you that know me can attest to the many Mustangs I have owned over the years...no less than 10 to date! Well...I decided to make the 2013 Shelby #11:rockon:

I'm #1 on the list at a local dealership and if the price/deal is right when things shake out...I look forward to ordering that 650 HP beast when the order banks open in the spring.

No matter what I am driving, I would really enjoy having an MCT reunion when the driving season re-emerges in 2012! If anybody else is interested in an informal gtg when the weather breaks, post up and let’s make it happen.

One of the coolest things about fast cars is sharing the experience with buddies...I'm all in if there is any intrest.:beer:

Again...Happy Holidays and best wishes to all of my friends from the MCT!!

T.Bone

Established Member
Hey George, I'm still around. Haven't drove the Cobra much last summer, I think I put a whole 500 miles on it. I keep thinking about selling it to buy a 2013 Boss or GT500.

You will certainly like the 2013 GT500, I got to take a couple for a drive and all I can say is wow did that thing pull. Very good road manners but it comes alive when you step into it.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Hey George, I'm still around. Haven't drove the Cobra much last summer, I think I put a whole 500 miles on it. I keep thinking about selling it to buy a 2013 Boss or GT500.

You will certainly like the 2013 GT500, I got to take a couple for a drive and all I can say is wow did that thing pull. Very good road manners but it comes alive when you step into it.

Hello Tim!

Hope all is well. I heard the same as you mentioned...it pulls extremely well. The Boss is a great car too, let me know what you decide to do. How many miles do you have on the Blue Beast now?? My Maurader has 15k and the Viper less than 9k. The Z06 is my road car of choice at around 10k. In any event, let's gtg in the spring my friend!:beer:

T.Bone

Established Member
I have a little over 29k on it, I purchased a AWD Fusion Sport and it has me spoiled so I haven't driven the Cobra much.

I got to drive a 2012 Boss around for the weekend over the summer and had a blast with it and the wife really liked it. I am having a hard time knowing it would take another 20k once I sold the Cobra to purchase one.

Cobrasized

Proud MCT Member
Established Member
I have a little over 29k on it, I purchased a AWD Fusion Sport and it has me spoiled so I haven't driven the Cobra much.

So I am interested in your comment. I did a similar thing and bought an '06 330xi and it too has spoiled me, to the point that the snake never made out from under the cover this year.

So define your definition of spoiled??

T.Bone

Established Member
Just like driving the car, it has pretty good power for a V6 and the AWD is great. It handles pretty good, but you can fell the weight when you start tossing it around in the twisties.

It's a lease or I would already have a cat back on it and a CAI. I am thinking about purchasing it after the lease ends, BUT the Focus ST will be out then and I got a feeling it will change my mind.

R-CODE

Established Member
Hello gentlemen, i'm here. moved to downtown dearborn @ end of July. Still have the '93R. Built 2 rental homes this summer 2 more next summer; this landlord thing is the way to go and NO BANKS, NO MORTGAGES, = ROI (Return On Investment). Love to see everyone next season.
Blksnke did u mention to Kevin about my interests w/Ford Motor Co. is he able to give me a call, didn't get a last reply about it? Can u try again for me, or just let me know if he said its alright to call him.

Thanks. Gotti!

TRMNTR

Established Member
Hey mixxer...you do like black...right??;-)

George,
Great to see you back on the board here. We need a spark to get things going again, so this is great.

I've been wondering what that funky Corvette rolling through the neighborhood was...

I like black, so put me on the list to buy your 2013 GT500 when you get bored with it in a year or two. :burnout:

I am interested in getting together as well, so let's start planning something.
:beer:

shetheri

Established Member
George,

Glad to see you are still around and checked in. Been a long time since I have been on the boards. Still have my '03, just tuned 16K. Didn't see much action the last two years. The '13 Shelby has resparked my interest as well. Can't come to sell the '03 yet but may have to dump the '93.

Need to arrange a GTG at the restraunt. It has been a long time since I have been able to attend.

Scott

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
George,
Great to see you back on the board here. We need a spark to get things going again, so this is great.

I've been wondering what that funky Corvette rolling through the neighborhood was...
I like black, so put me on the list to buy your 2013 GT500 when you get bored with it in a year or two. :burnout:

I am interested in getting together as well, so let's start planning something.
:beer:

FUNKY!!:lol:..now that's a term I have never heard describe that car!:beer:
We will make a gtg happen!:rockon:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
George,

Glad to see you are still around and checked in. Been a long time since I have been on the boards. Still have my '03, just tuned 16K. Didn't see much action the last two years. The '13 Shelby has resparked my interest as well. Can't come to sell the '03 yet but may have to dump the '93.

Need to arrange a GTG at the restraunt. It has been a long time since I have been able to attend.

Scott

I'm probably gonna have let one go too Scott.:( I already have a lift in one bay and the wife is allocated one spot..LOL!:D

vbaz13

Proud Member of
Established Member
Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time for me as well. My oldest daughter is a sophmore at Western Michigan, and youngest is a freshman in High school. Time sure does fly. I just opened a NEW Sports shop in Madison Heights.

Would love to get together with everyone. Let me know.

Vince

Users who are viewing this thread