hey im new!!

NSSVT

Established Member
hey im new to the site. i have a 03 dsg lightning. my current mods are K&N cai, diablo programmer, bbk twin 65mm throttle body, and silver knight mufflers with 2 rear cats removed. my best current 1/4 mile is 13.47 at 102.7mph. i would like to get my e/t down more. my truck currently has 80xxx kms but had 36xxx 3 years ago when i bought it. i was wondering if it is safe to run a 6lb lower pulley and a small shot of nitrous. oh i also have m/t drag radials. ive put about 25 passes in the 1/4mile since ive bought it. but i want to up the hp since my cousins srt-4 is pretty equal to me on a roll. until we hit more top end. any input is greatly appreciated. cheers!

1990stanggt

Established Member
Welcome to the site!! You should post up a few pictures/vids of your truck if you have them. As far as your questions, I'm not really sure, but you can get a ton of useful info from the search feature at the top right of the site. :beer:

:pop:

Animalmutha97

My mom says I'm cool
Established Member
If your running a stock pulley now, the 6 lbr will definetly make a difference. Also if you step up to a 6'er from what I've heard you'll need to change plugs and get a new maf or an extender (maf.i.a). Then get a good tune for it as well. Also might want to look at some sort of traction bar and driveshaft loop if you don't have them already.

NSSVT

Established Member
thanks for the input. its greatly appreciated. yeah i have the stock pulleys on it now. but what plugs do i need to run with a 6lb lower. tr6's? and how much difference will just the 6 lb pulley do? i see some stock lightnings running the same 1/4 mile as me and i was wondering what im doing wrong. ive tried launching the truck a few different ways. i got a best 60 ft of 1.97. thanks again for your input.

Animalmutha97

My mom says I'm cool
Established Member
Correct. NGK TR6 are the ones you want. Gapped around .036 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). A few other things you could do is clean the intercooler. If you don't have an oil seperator on there more than likely it is gunked up with oil. Also clean you MAF. What tire pressure are you running in the drag radials?

Last edited:

SVT2122

Established Member
Welcome to SVT, you'll find everything you need here. I would definitely get the 6lb pulley and the NGK's. I went 12.57 with 6lb/CAI/catback. Just work on your launch, and your times will come down.

:beer:

bskin38

99L
Established Member
hey man,
welcome to the site. lets see some pics of the truck.
i lived on PEI for 7 years, i moved back here to boston about 3 years ago now.
i still go up their every summer. my house is about 10 minuets from the wood islands ferry. what part of NS are you from?
and i'd say don't run nitrous with a 6lb lower, something might go wrong if you mix the 2. i dont trust those hand held programmers. if your lookin to smoke your cousins srt4, you could simply just use nitrous. i think nitrous is the cheapest go fast mod for our trucks, someone correct me if im wrong.
id say a safe shot of nitrous on a stock block would be a 50 shot. i'd be scared to use anymore than that. but ive heard of guys safely going 100 shots, and ive heard guys blowing their engines using that much nitrous. i dont use nitrous, so i'd get the opinion of guys who do use it.
is their a good dyno tuner around NS? idk how much $ you wanna spend or how far your willing to drive, but you could run a 6lber and get a good tune. then maybe have your superchager ported. that would up you a safe 50-60 HP. but that would cost some $. idk theirs a million different routes you can go for HP. i hope this info helps
billy

Last edited:

NSSVT

Established Member
thanks again for all the welcomes!! hey bskin38, i live just out side of sydney cape breton. i was in pei years ago but im planning on a trip there this summer. for a small town here where i live there is like 5 lightnings here. 4 or 5 99-04 saleen mustangs, a couple cobras. theres a place in halifax which is 4 hours away that has a dyno that provides dyno tunes. but ill post some pictures soon. i have 11 videos on streetfire. its awesome getting the responses ive got so far, as its hard to find people that live close to me with the same desire for lightning's.

Users who are viewing this thread