Hey guys what do you think?

ONEbadmachONE

Redirect NOS to air vent!
Established Member
Hey guys, I have an 03 mach 1 and I just had it dynoed on saturday. It did well getting 287.5hp at the wheels and 365ftlbs torque, not sure why the torque was soo high, but I got the dyno sheet to prove it. I was wondering two things, one has anybody tried the Sniper Spartan yet? If so how do they compare to a predator? They seem awesome! Second, what bolt ons do you guys recommend? I am planning on headers, stinger cat back, mrt h pipe, tune, and eventually a Kenne Bell blower. I dont want to do anything that would have to be taken off when I get the blower and I dont want any major parts since its a new car and I dont wanna mess with warranty TOO much. Any ideas you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Also what do you think about 3.73 gears on an auto? Some people say its stupid others say its like getting 50 more hp. Thanks
P.S. Just a note to anyone out there, I took the air silencer off right before the dyno and HOLY CRAP!!!! What a diff! The car sounds different and I get even more rubber when I slam it into second! Cant complain about a free mod like that! I know some people say it does nothing, but I can tell you it does!

machone

NA power
Established Member
Ya no way you made 365 tq at the wheels, more then 300 tq at the wheels and you got some crazy tq for a mach.

ONEbadmachONE

Established Member
I know I was shocked! I think maybe it was off or its at the flywheel like you guys were saying. hp at the flywheel is 375.5 which would fit pretty good with the 365tq. If you look at ford racings specs they say 320. I will say though it feels more torquey than my buddies cobra. Which he is pulling down big numbers. Do you guys know if the numbers on the new GTO are flywheel? They must be becuz they claim 400hp but the mach is just a hair faster. Typical GM. The 400 must be on a good day downhill with a tailwind. lol. I also had trouble with my auto shifting down when I was on the dyno which may have affected the readings. The time I got 365tq was locked in second. I am gonna get a tuner before the next dyno run so I can lock it in 3rd.

neversatisfied

Established Member
The dyno must have been way off. I wouldn't bother with 3.73's, you already have 3.55's stock. I would go with at least 4.10's. The 04 GTO's are 350 at the crank, the 05 GTO's are 400 at the crank and will dominate a stock mach 1.

ONEbadmachONE

Established Member
Gotcha, I kinda wondered. Do you think 4.10's is going too far? I dont wanna top out, course who goes 150 anyway? I did 130 though on the way to bellingham for the dyno day. Dont wanna lose that. //:eek:)

neversatisfied

Established Member
ONEbadmachONE said:
Gotcha, I kinda wondered. Do you think 4.10's is going too far? I dont wanna top out, course who goes 150 anyway? I did 130 though on the way to bellingham for the dyno day. Dont wanna lose that. //:eek:)

I thought the auto mach's had a speed limiter at 125 or around that. 4.10's is nothing compared to what some of the guys on the registry are going with. Alot of them have 4.30's and some of them even have 4.56's. Me personally will not go over 4.10's because I have nitrous right now and will eventually go turbocharged.

ONEbadmachONE

Established Member
All I know is I was doing darn near 130. The guy in the cobra said the same thing, he said we were going 130. My speedo is off so maybe it was 125. I didnt feel topped out though so idk. Maybe I will try 4.10s then. Any idea how hard they are to change? Thanks for your comments btw.

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Congrats on the Purchase. I'm sure we be hearing from each other again. There is a lot of us Machers at the .org & the registry.

I have a five speed and I'm going will 4.10 gears in a couple of weeks.

How soon do you plan on waiting before slapping a blower on?

Keith.red.mach1

Established Member
Your power seems high....even HP.

On the dyno sheet does it say SAE or STD?

Most stock autos Dyno 265-270 range due to more % loss because of Auto.

The numbers must have been off because of the auto.

My girls MAch 1 feels like a freak and I need to dyno it. She has an 04 Auto and I have 03 5 Speed

ONEbadmachONE

Established Member
I dont know, I will look when I get home from work. Some of the other guys there actually got lower hp numbers than they had on other dynos. One guy got 570tq to the wheels!!!!! Of course he had a moded cobra and they were spraying nitrous over the heat exchanger but whos keeping track?! lol. He got a 70ftlbs of torque boost just by cooling the heat exchanger. Makes you want a cooler huh?

MACHSELF

Established Member
ONEbadmachONE said:
Hey guys, I have an 03 mach 1 and I just had it dynoed on saturday. It did well getting 287.5hp at the wheels and 365ftlbs torque, not sure why the torque was soo high, but I got the dyno sheet to prove it.

I wasted alot of $$$ on my mods to see 344rwt!!! LOL..... :bored:

ONEbadmachONE

Established Member
LOL, I think it may have been off. I am gonna get a predator so that I can lock it in 3rd and find out for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread