hey guys....lil help finding cpu code?

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
hey guys I talked to a guy at kenne bell bout ordering a 2.1(thats right i'm gonna order one tomarrow morning!:rockon:) and he need some CPU code or some sh*t....he said its over on the passenger side and i have to unscrew something....i donno what the hell hes talkin about. Where can i find this cpu code? he tried tell me but i couldn't really understand the guy.

PAW

bssmith1220

Established Member
I know on the newer cars the cpu code is on the pass door jam....it will look something like cdc3 etc....

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
i don't have that sticker so its in the pass side kick panel....so how do i get it off...its not coming off all that well. my friend said i have to take off teh running board? and theres a screw or something that hold the kick panal? does any of this sound right?

slow98cobra

Established Member
Yea that sounds right. Take the running board(or whatever the long black piece is called) off by using a little force and pulling straight up, then you have to pull off one of those Ford black tabs, then remove kick panel. If you have to actually pull the comp out of the holder to get the code then their will be one screw that holds this cheap plastic bracket on around the comp. Remove screw and slide out.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Open up the kick panel and take a peek. Not every 97 had the same ECU, so you're going to ned to check for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread