Hey guys,I need pully recomendations.

351coupe

Established Member
If you guys could help me out with this it would greatly be appreciated.I have a 2.8 upper but it is a cheap one.I've been looking at Billit Flow's red anodized one's and the idler kit.My question is,how do I know what combo to go with?Should I do another 2.8w/4#or6# lower?Should I do a stock 2.93 w/ a 8# lower,or should I go with a 2.76 upper and a 4/6 lower?Also,with the idler kit,what size pullies should I use,90's or 100's?I do have some belt slip with just the 2.8 upper.Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to the mod motors and I know this bottom end can't take much,I really have no plans to blow it up,I just want some more ass in this thing.Thanks for the help and if anyone has pics of there pully setup and can post them that would be awesome.Thanks fellas!!! :)

203Cree

Established Member
Billetflow offers the 2.76, right? Go with that and either the 4lber or 6lber, which ever you decide you want. There's guys runnin both combo's with no problems. Get 100 mm idlers as well. I'm runnin a 90mm and 100mm and it's fockin tight. Two 100mm would be even better. Make sure you get the kit with the idler bracket, not just the pullies.

03jdmlighting

Established Member
well i am doing a 2.8 upper and 4lb lower..with lfp idlers and diablo tune what numbers do u guys think i will put done...

351coupe

Established Member
Well after hours of searching the net I've kinda decided,I'll sleep on it then order tomorrow.Billit Flow 2.76 upper(anodizied red),Billit flow 2 piece 100mm idler kit(anodized red) LFP quick change 6# lower kit and I'll even splurge on a LFP power plenum.I have a Diablo,Borla cat-back and a JLP ram air kit,so I'm hoping with these mods I can get her decently into the 12's on a set of Nitto's.What do you guy's think?Oh and thanks for the help.Damn my wife's gonna kill me!!!!:lol1:

203Cree

Established Member
351coupe said:
Well after hours of searching the net I've kinda decided,I'll sleep on it then order tomorrow.Billit Flow 2.76 upper(anodizied red),Billit flow 2 piece 100mm idler kit(anodized red) LFP quick change 6# lower kit and I'll even splurge on a LFP power plenum.I have a Diablo,Borla cat-back and a JLP ram air kit,so I'm hoping with these mods I can get her decently into the 12's on a set of Nitto's.What do you guy's think?Oh and thanks for the help.Damn my wife's gonna kill me!!!!:lol1:

Dude, if that doesn't put you well into the 12's, I'd sell the truck and walk away.

SvtFireFighter

03SvtFireFighter
Established Member
o3jdmlighting you will have good number with that setup. Unless you have a set up like ChicoSvt and look like a dump truck and runs like a dump truck.. If you want to get that stuff installed I wouldnt go to Sam, You can go with me to James at racerelated tomorrow if you want give me a tell

CHICOSVT

Established Member
wat u talking about? this dump truck will tow both ur assezzzzz!! to the dumpster. LOL!
Hey Joel i think jason is supposed to get the lower pulley and chip by thursday and we gave James a call yesterday and he said he would put all the stuff on and a dyno tune for a really sweet price. As for now we are riding over there friday @ 12:30.

BTW how did u do thursday?

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
If you are going to use a 6 lower and 2.76 upper make sure that you get it tuned on a dyno before you lay into it. You are also going to be really overspinning the eaton-pullied for @ 16#-which will make a lot of heat.

If you are going to get a 6 lower then you'd be better off with a stock size upper to go with the 2.8 you already have. If you want to get the 2.76 then I'd get a 4 lower. Until you port the eaton any more than 14# is just going to make more heat than any gains it will get you from the extra boost.

Billetflow is the sh*t! Sexiest pulley made IMHO.

351coupe

Established Member
Thanks Fade,I just got off the phone with Sammy@CoastalDyno and he said the same thing.So it's narrowed down to a stock upper/6# lower,or a 2.73 upper/4# lower.What would be the difference?With the stock upper/6# lower Sam said I wouldn't need the idlers,then I could get some more go fast parts:banana:

351coupe

Established Member
ChicoSVT,I live in Westchase but I havn't been to the track in awhile.I'm hoping to have the coupe done twards the end of summer then I'll be at Bradenton or Sunshine every fricken week!!!Tell James I said what's up!!

203Cree

Established Member
351coupe said:
Thanks Fade,I just got off the phone with Sammy@CoastalDyno and he said the same thing.So it's narrowed down to a stock upper/6# lower,or a 2.73 upper/4# lower.What would be the difference?With the stock upper/6# lower Sam said I wouldn't need the idlers,then I could get some more go fast parts:banana:

Math time!

( lower) (upper) (pulley ratio) (redline rpm) (Blower RPM)

6lber/stock upper
9.0 / 2.93 = 3.07 x 5250 = 16,117.5

4lber/Billetflow upper
8.5 / 2.75 = 3.09 x 5250 = 16,222.5

FOR A GRAND TOTAL of 105 Blower RPM difference. You may squeak just a little more power out of the upper/lower combo, but I don't know how much.

I'm still working on my theory that an upper and lower combo will put down power earlier in the hp/tq curve than a comparible sized lower by it's self.

/Math lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread