Hey guys, BIG SCRATCH

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
well heres the pic... my step dad said that a rubbing polisher would do me good, can anyone tell me what is good our what they would do if this was their cobra. heres a couple scratches, any adivce would be nice. now for the 2nd one (the bad one on the bumper) i was told to scrape that extra stuff off then fill it in with clay, then put some touch up on it. well here they are, let me know...

this is on the rear fenderwell
wOTE3MjQ2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

and heres the one on the front bumper
wOTE3MjQ0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

oh i bought the car like this btw, i'm no idiot i take good care of what i have. i know accidents happen but this guy that had it before me was an idiot...

spree

Established Member
that first scratch looks like it went right through the paint. If you can dig your fingernail in there, it's not gonna come off. You can get rid of about 50% of it though with a PC and a good compound/polish. As for the other 50%, you can buy some touchup paint and wetsand that little area, then go over it with a PC and a compound/polish.

on the second scratch...that's definitely a touchup paint and wetsanding job.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
this is going to sound dumb but i've never wetsanded. i can google this if you don't have any good personal links of your own, or if anyone has any please some good links of wetsanding. thanks spree

spree

Established Member
Wings65288 said:
this is going to sound dumb but i've never wetsanded. i can google this if you don't have any good personal links of your own, or if anyone has any please some good links of wetsanding. thanks spree

I've never done it myself either, but I'm gonna give it a stab this weekend on a scratch and paint chip that I have.

http://autopia.org/kb/index.php?page=index_v2&id=27&c=16

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i went to napa auto parts and i was looking at two types of compounds to help get rid of the scratch. one was turtle Turtle Wax Scratch & Swirl Remover and the other was something simalar made by turtle. what do you guys think of this? their was also a Meguiars scratch-X but it was almost $10 bucks, is it worth it?

Scott P

Established Member
Grab some Scratch-X by Meguiar's and give it a shot. Start with a terry towel as it will offer a bit more bite to get the scratch reduced/removed.

Jpjr

Established Member
i'm assuming you've been bumping this because you are not satisfied with the suggestions thus far.

here you go..

http://www.langka.com/

these guys make exactly what you need. if your clearcoat is broken, which looks to be the case (although hard to tell in your color), get their paint chip kit. they also make a clearcoat kit, but IMO you can get similar results from Scratch-X and an semi-abrasive towel.

Users who are viewing this thread