Hey everyone

Kingcobramike

Established Member
Hey
im the new guy here now. so thought id let everyone know who i am. Ive got a 2000 white L with some mods. I would like to make it faster and was looking at kene bell superchargers. any cheeper mods that you guys would recomend other then a throtle body and chip.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
......another milk man...lol hehe j/k. Welcome aboard :D. How about an exhaust and K&N

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've read that here. I think you would be happier if you stayed with the Eaton and put your 3 grand you would spend on a KB in your Eaton. Well, to cut the chase you can perform a search on this board for mods and you will get more then enough info. First, I would go to www.teamjdm.com 732-780-0770

Good Luck,

Helix

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Kingcobramike
Hey thanks for the responds guys.
could a stock lightning handle the KB or would it blow?

That would depend on the amount of boost you ran. Like Helix said, use the $$$$ on other mods. The Lightning stock bottom end won't hold large amounts of boost.

diablolightning

Established Member
The guys are right get a reburn and a #4 and some CAI or the jl ram air kit. oh and some exhaust. I was running 2 40 series flows that sounded good.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Welcome to a great site and a great bunch of people!! Like everyone else has said, I would stay away from the KB blower until you build a really stout bottom end. I asked the same question about a month ago and got the same answers you are getting now.

That being said, what mods to you already have? You weren't specific.

Kingcobramike

Established Member
So far all i have done to my truck is a 90 mm throtle body, upgraded the MAF to stock 2001 unit (90), and hypertech. I was thinking about a 6# lower pully but with the stock pullys it says i am running 10 pounds of boost on my gauge.and i am kinda scared of blowing my bottom if i put that big of pully on. has anyone heard of the gauges not being correct?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Kingcobramike
So far all i have done to my truck is a 90 mm throtle body, upgraded the MAF to stock 2001 unit (90), and hypertech. I was thinking about a 6# lower pully but with the stock pullys it says i am running 10 pounds of boost on my gauge.and i am kinda scared of blowing my bottom if i put that big of pully on. has anyone heard of the gauges not being correct?

The stock gauge is JUNK! Go for the 6er. :beer:

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
As long as you stay below 16 psi total, your motor's lower end should be safe. Take L.L.'s advice and go get the 6#er and get an aftermarket boost gauge. I didn't want to for the longest time, but it about time to give in and get one.

Users who are viewing this thread