Hey everybody, crazy idea.

DPS

Established Member
I'm just a newby and don't know exactly how this would work, but it seems as though some of use have no problem cars and some have cars that were built on a friday afternoon if y-now what I mean. Anyway, we all in some way rely on dealers to get it fixed. Not only to do it under warrenty if possible, but to fix it right. I wondered if there was some way to post a pole of some sort so that people could find out what dealers are worth going to. Let's face it, some cars are going to need some attention (some more than a little), and most of the unhappyness starts with the dealer that doesn't give a s--t. I am open to suggestions, but it seems that if we could sort out some of the bad eggs, there might be some happier cobra owners. Any thoughts???

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by DPS
I guess it was a stupid idea.:nonono:
Dont be so hard on yourself. :kaboom:

I didnt think it was stupid, but I didnt have any info to give out.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
This is a great idea!!! You are being way too hard on yourself. How about this. Let's do a poll for each major metro area and people can select the "best" dealer. For example, start a poll for the best dealer in Indiana (or better yet, the city in Indiana). We can vote and see who's the best based on the location.

Everyone up for this?????

bond99

Established Member
DSP- definatly not a stupid idea-I tossed the same idea into the sugestions box a couple of weeks ago-SWEETSVT99 said he was going to try and incorporate something like this into the new main site he was working on, so I guess we'll all see what happens-soon I hope.

03DOHC

Established Member
I would be concerned about people posting that this or that dealer is mod friendly and having ford read it and come down on them, spoiling it for us.:shrug:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
I would be concerned about people posting that this or that dealer is mod friendly and having ford read it and come down on them, spoiling it for us.:shrug:

I wouldn't worry. They're going to do whatever when they see your car anyway. I have a grave feeling that many dealers don't like mods, and why not? If you sold a product and someone tweaked it and broke something, wouldn't you think twice about supporting it???? I run into this all the time in my line of work and I charge them up the wazoo when something breaks.

I guess we all have the idea that when we make things better we should be rewarded for doing so, but let's face... if we are paying the bill for repair we better know that what we are fixing is the same thing we delivered.

bond99

Established Member
I'd just like to be able to go to a honest dealership that is going to honor Ford's warantee w/o a bunch o stupid B.S. for those of us w/stock car's

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by bond99
I'd just like to be able to go to a honest dealership that is going to honor Ford's warantee w/o a bunch o stupid B.S. for those of us w/stock car's

So true. Mine's stock, but my dealer is devoted to fixing my problem, especially since they're tired of loaning me the Explorer. :rolling:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
I wouldn't worry. They're going to do whatever when they see your car anyway. I have a grave feeling that many dealers don't like mods, and why not? If you sold a product and someone tweaked it and broke something, wouldn't you think twice about supporting it???? I run into this all the time in my line of work and I charge them up the wazoo when something breaks.

I guess we all have the idea that when we make things better we should be rewarded for doing so, but let's face... if we are paying the bill for repair we better know that what we are fixing is the same thing we delivered.
To a point that would be true, however, that's NOT what some dealers are doing. Just an FYI Ford does read these boards, in case you didn't know.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
To a point that would be true, however, that's NOT what some dealers are doing. Just an FYI Ford does read these boards, in case you didn't know.

Can we get a list of which dealers are "not doing it"?? Anyone? Bueller...Bueller?? I'd like to avoid these idiots. Thanks for pointing this out 03DOHC!!!! :) :) :)

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
totally understood, but i think that if the MOD that you did doesnt affect the part trying to be fixed under warantee it should be covered.

For example, if i add a intake, and my rear leaks or blows that should be covered

even if a have a kenne bell blower, and my lights are having problems should be covered. Everything else like drivetrain and motor could be denied but if it doesnt affect it then it should be covered, no?:beer:

-Zee

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by CraZeeSTanG
totally understood, but i think that if the MOD that you did doesnt affect the part trying to be fixed under warantee it should be covered.

For example, if i add a intake, and my rear leaks or blows that should be covered

even if a have a kenne bell blower, and my lights are having problems should be covered. Everything else like drivetrain and motor could be denied but if it doesnt affect it then it should be covered, no?:beer:

-Zee
There was a post on here where the guy had a stock or close to stock car and the rear tires were worn out at 10000 miles when he brought it in. The dealer gave him crap saying he abused his car because the tires were worn out. I forgot what he was trying to get fixed but they said they wouldn't do it under warranty. Anyway.....

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
There was a post on here where the guy had a stock or close to stock car and the rear tires were worn out at 10000 miles when he brought it in. The dealer gave him crap saying he abused his car because the tires were worn out. I forgot what he was trying to get fixed but they said they wouldn't do it under warranty. Anyway.....

That could have been been me, but not. My stock tires were shot at 10K. The previous owner ran most of the miles. They mentioned that "Owner caused flat spots by excessive wheel spin" to explain my vibe problem. Unfortunately for them, my vibe didn't get any better with a new set of Nitto's that exhibited the same behavior. :nonono:

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
In industry there is a saying that "no good deed goes unpunished"...I would be careful about naming mod-friendly dealers as it could trigger them to get an audit from the mothership.
I do like the idea of naming dealers that are "unfriendly" or just plain stupid though...we should reward them by taking our business elsewhere. Perhaps they could use their resulting free time to attend charm school or to complete their degree in lower intestinal medicine.
Like your idea of ratiing them...could be a huge help. Thanks.
Just my $.02

Phreakfree

Spitz Venom
Established Member
Maybe we don't need to name mod friendly dealers, I can see that being a problem.. but make a list of unfriendly dealers. Dealers that are A-Holes, and jerk us around.. and have service techs who beat on our cars.. things like that. Keep it all negitive comments.. :nono: :nono:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Makes me wana open up my own Ford Dealership. Just to take care of the thousands of people on this board.

02_Lightning

Established Member
CLEVELAND, OHIO
Good:
Mullinax Lincoln/Mercury (Brunswick, OH - yes, they do great work on all SVT products)
Bob Gillingham Ford (Parma, OH)
Mike Bass Ford (Lorain, OH)

Bad:
Williams Ford (Berea, OH... sales is terrible too)
Legacy Ford (Brunswick, OH)

Users who are viewing this thread