hesitation. one more time

02yellowgt

Ok guys, since the search function is now working I just spent the last hour reading old posts. After reading old posts I still haven't seen anyone that has fixed the problem .alot of theory of fixing the problem but no posts saying this is what fixed my car. please don't respond with traction control, boost by pass or other things that eveyone is aware of. . I'm having a chip done this week for my car for this problem and what I'm taking to them is to .

1. disable torque management.
2. raise the top right cells to max voltage (14v
3. turn off boost by pass and traction control

I'm also going to get a new FPS

If this doesn't fix it what about a boost a pump ?

Anyone else with thoughts about this ?

Last edited by a moderator:

tv's 03

Established Member
Have you tuner check for any ignition retarding on shifts and see if he can stop any retarding thats going on.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Could you describe the issue? I'm not up to speed on your particular problem.

How many miles are on the car?

See this thread where I recommended a fuel filter change that helped the last hesitation poster I saw.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96850

He had 13,500, and it's not unheard of for these filters to clog even before 10,000 miles. Lightning boys run into this as well.

02yellowgt

fuel filter? I'll make sure to change that as well as the frps this week before going to the track. thanks,

this is a quote from another member .I'm not the only one with this problem.

QUOTE: After winding out 1st gear, and quick shifting to second, the car immediately falls on its face for about 1 to 2 seconds, then takes off in 2nd...

It acts like the Trac Control is on (BUT IT WAS OFF!).

yelostang

Established Member
I'm having the same problem as well....
Quote: After winding out 1st gear, and quick shifting to second, the car immediately falls on its face for about 1 to 2 seconds, then takes off in 2nd...

It acts like the Trac Control is on (BUT IT WAS OFF!).

The only mods I have are stinger catback and a 10 inch filter with adapter. I'm going to put the stock unit(filter) back on and see if it still happens. If it does, back to the dealer it goes.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
The issue of timing on shifting is what "torque management" actually is.

Make sure your rev limiter is set a little higher than where you plan to shift, too.

golfprowanabe

Established Member
My tuner increased the "intake manifold volume" with the chip. This definately helped me but I still have it slightly. Mine could be a different problem though. If i'm on the highway and downshift to third, hold it at almost 5k rpms, and then just punch it, it will do the same thing, without shifting. StevePoe..... try this and tell me if yours does the same thing.

02yellowgt

Golf, thanks for the info. I'll be make sure I ask my tuner if he can take care of this for me this week. I'd love to go out and try diving it around to check but as you can see my car is a BIW 03 cobra and is not a street car.

50449033.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread