Hesitation (misfire?), possible plugs, need advice

cobra4v04

Established Member
My 04' Cobra has recently developed a slight hesitation at low rpm's, almost seems like a plug cutting out.

The car was bought new and now has 11,000 miles, and is modified with a K&N Fipk, MAC O/R Prochamber w/ MIL eliminators, and a 3" Flowmaster catback. All else is stock.

Out of curiousity I pulled all the plugs and they all look as expected in fine condition only I checked all the gaps and they were all set (factory set) at around .036 to .038. I re-gapped all of them to right at .043 and buttoned everything back up but there is no change in the aforementioned hesitiation/misfire.

All else looks fine, the coil packs looked fine, the only thing of notice was the passenger side plug/coil against the firewall, upon removing the coil/plug cover plate I could see what looked like sand/mud/silt in a relatively small amount isolated to that area of the valve cover. I would suspect it is intrusion coming through the rubber grommet at the rear of the cover plate.

With my mild mods would a change in plugs be an advantage? Any educated recommendations on plugs and gaps would be appreciated!

Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread