Hesitation help....ANYONE ELSE??

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
After the rr2.80 upper and diablo sport, I noticed it more. hesitation between shifts is more of a factor now... I really noticed it at the track the other day. I don't know how to powershift, so not sure if thats related (I just do very fast shifts, but not sure how to powershift)

And yes, the TC was off (LOL) and the boost bypass mod is in place (swapped the 2 vac lines on it from day one)...

What is going on here?

04-MystiChrome

One Fast Grand-PaPi
Established Member
It is a problem we all have when "speed shifting".
I & some believe it has to do with the fuel allocation table
which when the fuel rail dumps there is a "fuel hesitation
via PCM boost no go". I have contacted Apten and nobody
as far as I know has been able to cure the problem or come
up with the answer. If you "powershift" (don't let off gas when
speed shifting) it eliminates the problem. Also a "grannyshift"
cures the hesitation as well. If you perform a search JerryK
had a good thread go'n on this subject & MJ sheds some good
light on this problem as well. I'm not sure if they found an answer yet.

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Clutch Slipping

I had this same problem with hesitation between shifts especially the 2nd to 3rd shift at WOT that alot of you are experiencing and mine was the clutch slipping,last summer mine was hesitating alot between my shifts so i put a new stock clutch in and the hesitation was gone after that and now i have a quadrant and just recently my car started hesitating again really bad between my 2nd and 3rd gear shift mainly because i have been experimenting with it turning it clockwise a few full turns causing it to slip so i turned it back counterclockwise 3 full turns and the car shifts very good again with no hesitation at all so mine was the clutch that was causing it to hesitate between shifts.

SALEEN039

Established Member
Originally posted by mike79
Dont lift your right foot when your shifting. Keep it floored.

True, when i let off the gas it does this. Dont let off the gas when shifting at the track. You will notice it will stop doing it. You have to have a clutch quadrant to do this or else you will miss the shift.

FordFreak

Established Member
haha When I powershift I grind 3rd and 4th now. Sometimes my shifter goes up in between 1st and 3rd. Ive had nothing but problems with this trans! I miss my 3650!!

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Do you have an aftermarket shifter and clutch quad fordfreak? It makes a huge difference.

FordFreak

Established Member
Yup I have the UPR quad and adjuster. I also have a pro 5.0 with the stock handle.
Im going to tighten up my clutch and see what happens.
The firewall adj sticks out further than the stock plastic crap so the cable/collar is bent up and doesnt sit flat against the adjuster.
Because of that the pedal travels 2 inches before it begins to pull on the cable.

Someone out there has to know what Im talking about.

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
I am thinking that it can be fixed in your tune. In my case, my conservative SCT tune has the hesitation but when I run the aggressive tune there is no hesitation. Both were run wide open throttle without power shifting.
:beer:
Scott

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
Cool, thanks for the info (it does feel more previlant after the chip was done...)

could someone break down what the firewall adjuster and quadrant do/ how they are used and or helpful and how they install (stock cable?)

just a overview of if/why I would need one?? I really don't know what they do:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread