Hesitation between WOT shifts??

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
So awhile back after I had the car tuned and clutch adjuster installed. I was driving the cobra and while in Wot in between shifts the car has a hesitation and loses power. (Kinda feels like I missed a gear but didnt) The check engine light did not come on. Feels like maybe a fuel issuse. Havent driven the car much in the past few months and took it out tonight and problem is still there. Vehicle drives fine when im not gettin on it. Any advice?

BLACKVNM

Established Member
Sounds like you need the PPRV delete if you don't already have it. It doesn't hesitate unless it's between shifts right?

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
i just posted about the same thing a couple days ago..someone said it might need to be retuned or there's a thing in the fuel tank you can delete. mine only happens sometimes..only twice. i took off like i would at a track..and when i hit 2nd or 3rd...there was a half a second of silence...sounded lik the engine shut off and everything..then back to normal.. dont really hesitate.. it was just a small pause. weird

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
only between Wot shifts. Is this a part that just goes bad after awhile. The car was fine before and while tuning on the dyno. Just on the way home it started acting like this. I runs okay during normal driving. Its not like a continued hesitation, just feels like it has no fuel for a moment.

Last edited:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
pprv, happened to me a couples times, only way to solve it seems to be to do the delete but sometimes it can be tuned out.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I agree with the above posts...PPRV sounds like your problem. I occasionally have the same issue in my car, especially when I hesitate between shifts. It seems if you shift hard with very little lift the problem is not as prevalent.

pb1302

Established Member
PPRV.... get rid of that sucker. I upgraded the pumps... did my own dual fuel hat mod... had the hesitation that NO tune could get rid of.... now its all gone and boils tires at will between shifts.... the first time this happened to me I thought I killed the motor... then all the sudden whammo... she woke up and away she went.... common issue... if you need some help/info on how to get rid of it there is plenty of info online or you can PM me for my setup....only reason I went with my own hat setup is so I did not have to shell out $$$$ for an aftermarket hat.... works like a charm...

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
PPRV.... get rid of that sucker. I upgraded the pumps... did my own dual fuel hat mod... had the hesitation that NO tune could get rid of.... now its all gone and boils tires at will between shifts.... the first time this happened to me I thought I killed the motor... then all the sudden whammo... she woke up and away she went.... common issue... if you need some help/info on how to get rid of it there is plenty of info online or you can PM me for my setup....only reason I went with my own hat setup is so I did not have to shell out $$$$ for an aftermarket hat.... works like a charm...

Thanks alot. Guess i will try this and see what happens. One more ?. Will a problem with the PPRV store a code in the OBDII port?

Last edited:

fast ford brian

Established Member
no codes , it will just be a little hard to start once in a while , the kit is around $75 , takes a couple hours to install

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Before removing parts to make your car harder to start tell you tuner and have him look at the Fuel Tables to see if he can get out of it. If you do the PPRV delete you'll have to turn your key on/off, on/off, on/off to prime the fuel line so the car will start. Not for me at all.

So tell you Tuner because he should have a very, very good chance to tune out of it. I've had it a few times and once my Tuner knew about it he's gotten out of it every single time. Since then I guess he knows what to do because my last 10-15 tunes haven't done it. Test the guy that your trusting to make your motor last. He's fixed others tunes also that were tuned at other shops so the possibility is there to get out of it. So tell him you have an issue with his tune.

Why remove parts before you let the guy that you paid a lot of money to tune the car have a chance to fix the issue?

I reply to these threads weekly just about anymore and hate to see people doing something that just shouldn't be needed 90% of the time.

Last edited:

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
Sounds like you need the PPRV delete if you don't already have it. It doesn't hesitate unless it's between shifts right?
x2

Before removing parts to make your car harder to start tell you tuner and have him look at the Fuel Tables to see if he can get out of it. If you do the PPRV delete you'll have to turn your key on/off, on/off, on/off to prime the fuel line so the car will start. Not for me at all.

So tell you Tuner because he should have a very, very good chance to tune out of it. I've had it a few times and once my Tuner knew about it he's gotten out of it every single time. Since then I guess he knows what to do because my last 10-15 tunes haven't done it. Test the guy that your trusting to make your motor last. He's fixed others tunes also that were tuned at other shops so the possibility is there to get out of it. So tell him you have an issue with his tune.

Why remove parts before you let the guy that you paid a lot of money to tune the car have a chance to fix the issue?

I reply to these threads weekly just about anymore and hate to see people doing something that just shouldn't be needed 90% of the time.

posi does have a point :read:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
At least challenge your Tuners and tell them it's in their tunes. Why not because you've paid good money. Then if they can't fix it "for free" move on to the next option.

Or powershift lol.

04cobra13

Established Member
When i first got pullied it needed the pprv delete, did it. Then put the whipple on it and still had hesitation between shifts. Installed dual ford gt pumps,new fuel filter and stage 2 fpdm.. Problem solved.!

greengt88

Established Member
Yep my does it now too, hard to start once in a while, exactly as described above wind out whatever gear , shift, bout a 1-2sec. Pause, then back to pullin. Scared the hell out of me too the first time it happened. I thought I blew the clutch or motor. I guess I need to get that fore fuel system installed and retuned....that should cure it.

bubblehead93

Established Member

X10,000

Not as elequent as posi but he is spot on. pprv delete should be your last resort if you can't work it out in the tune. Don't have any tuner touch your car that is not versed on the fuel tables. People seem to default to pprv because they can do it themselves and because it works, after a fashion. Hold your tuner accountable and have him fix his %**$#.

TVSCobra

Established Member
I have a tune from amazon, this just recently started. Have had tune for over 6mos. And no new mods?? Suggestions?

Have you talked to Rick about it? If so and it is still doing it, try a different tuner. I went through this back and forth with Amazon for weeks and got no where. Also had many tuning issues that were never addressed by Amazon. Not bashing Amazon, just sharing my experience. My car would even hesitation on the initial hit with Ricks tune. I went with Brookspeed, my car rarely hesitates between shifts now and never hesitates on the initial hit. I still have the PPRV, like Posi has stated you will have to prime the fuel system on the first start if the car has been sitting to build up fuel pressure in the system after removing the PPRV. But removing the PPRV will usually completely remedy the issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread