Hesitation at around 3,200 RPM

Rgig

Established Member
Hey y’all, I’ve had my 2001 Lightning for about a month. I’ve noticed a hesitation anywhere from 3,000 rpm to 3,200 rpm in second and third gear. This only occurs under aggressive acceleration or WOT. It does seem to happen under moderate acceleration.

It is chipped… but this showed up before the chip was installed. I am not so sure it wasn’t there in the beginning or if this is common and I am just being a little too sensitive (NOT).

Has anyone got any ideas or does anyone have the same problem.

Thanks in advance for the help.:cool:

PFA

Established Member
Is this the same "normal" as the 99-00 flutter? I had that too on my 99. This is different on my 01. It comes much sooner in the RPM range. The 99 was at around 4000 and this is around 3000.

Rgig

Established Member
Hey y'all. I am sorry for not responding sooner than this to your input.

I had to head out of the country and toasted my internet connection with no help in English. Oh well...

I run 93 octane fuel and have no other hesitation than that (except when my wife is with me and the I have a really bad hesitation :r:... Don't think it's a problem with the truck... just the nut behing the wheel).

Jeff said it was the torque convertor locking up and that it was normal. My dealer said something to the same effect but in second and third with moderate to WOT???

Input is always appreciated.

Rick

NOSTROMO

It's not the torque convertor. It feels like the entire engine shuts down and suddenly comes back to life under agreesive throttle.
There have been many discussions about this "tweak"....so far no one has come up with a viable solution as of yet.

Rgig

Established Member
I am beginning to think it's something that we have to live with. Yesterday I was checking out a few video clips on some of the websites out there and was watching a clip of one of the more sucessful "L's" out there. Audio was with it and sure enough... even he had the hesitation.

I know it's been discussed before and it will be discussed again and again until we have an answer.:-?

Users who are viewing this thread