Hesitation at 3800????

fordmotorsports

Established Member
Alright guys I got a doozy here. I have been trying to troubleshoot a hesitation that I have. I have a 2001 Cobra engine/tranny etc etc that I installed in a 99 v6 a little over a year ago. About 3 weeks ago it developed a hesitation. It isn't throwing any codes and only hesitates at higher RPM. I have changed quite a few parts to try to make it go away.
I have changed:
Plugs
FRPS
Fuel Filter
DPFE
Changed fuel pump and screen (SVT focus pump with lifetime warranty)

Cleaned the MAF Sensor.
Is there a high RPM switch in the COPs, I did the pull each one and see if it idled funny, and it did. Everytime I take it up past 3800 it will stumble then comeback the stumble and it is time to shift again.
I was thinking of taking it to the Ford dealership and have them run the diagnostics. I also thought of the crank position sensor, maybe taking a dump and messing with my timing. I have an o/r x pipe with MILS, maybe an O2 sensor is on the fritz?
My Diablo took a crap, so I can't datalog.

Anybody have any insight on my problems?

01 Venom

Established Member
sounds more like a bad MAF to me, I had this problem before. DO you have an SCT tuner? Can you data log the car? See if you can data log the car and take a look at the MAF signal.

I know you said you cleaned it, but that never seemed to work for me.

fordmotorsports

Established Member
sounds more like a bad MAF to me, I had this problem before. DO you have an SCT tuner? Can you data log the car? See if you can data log the car and take a look at the MAF signal.

I know you said you cleaned it, but that never seemed to work for me.

I can't datalog it. My Diablo took a crap and it won't even come on. I have been thinking about taking it to Ford and let them put it on the machine.

fordmotorsports

Established Member
Definitely a bad COP

I've dealt with this problem many times.

Check eBay. There are some selling for $59 for the whole set of eight.

1999,2001,2003,2004 COBRA MACH1 DOHC IGNITION COIL PACK:eBay Motors (item 260409212001 end time Jun-11-09 03:42:43 PDT)

Make sure to let them know the year of your motor. The connectors on 99 and 01 are different.

Ken

Well, I guess it is time for a whole new set. Thanks for the heads up. BTW, I read through all your Cobra Swap info before I swapped my car. Thanks for the write ups. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread