hesitation and fueling issue????

mr.magic

Established Member
I've got a real strange problem going on and I'm at a complete loss cause none of it seems to add up. My car has developed a pretty nasty hesitation that is getting worse by the week. It happens at completely random times while crusing, light accel, and when I initially go WOT. When this happens the AFR immediately goes 10.0/1+ the same time as the hesitation but after this event the fuel pressure drops to 15-20psi for a second or 2 and she'll lean out real bad. I'm also getting a soft P0190 code but its not from the FRPS as i've put on a new one. Also my plugs are looking different each time I pull them and I've changed them 3 times in the last few weeks. Swapped back and forth between TR6 and TR6ix. The last time I changed them (3 days ago @ 0.03 gap) 3 of them looked like they got real hot with white splashing, 3 of them looked fine, and the other 2 were black in the center porcelain(not oil). However this is not cylinder specific cause each time I pull them theyll look different - sometimes fine sometimes white.

Yeah Yeah I know kinda shooting in the dark here but maybe someone has and idea????

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread