hesitation and cutting out? help????

hglhndr85

Banned
i just installed a 2.75 motoblue pulley wit 3 piece idlers,adn ngk plugs gapped at .36 adn predator tune, i had a intake,borla stingers,and c&l 95 mm maf before the pulley. i drove it tonight and runs like a rapped ape! insane but wen it gets to like 5k or beyond and i shift it hesitates and like cuts out for a sec, wat could this be?? fuel? plugs? clutch? i bought the car used im told it has a aftermarket clutch but am not sure,ne help would b great!

03 cobra
k&n fipk
borls stingers
c&l 95 maf
dynamic racing driveshaft
steeda tri-ax
2.75 pulley with 3 piece idlers
tuned wit diablo.

Evil_SVT

Established Member
Im going with your tune, because everthing else that you installed wouldnt cause that.

is it a mail order tune?

terminator04

Director Choice 1st place
Established Member
It could be in the tune. When i got my whipple, mine hesitated bad but i put my fuel to return style so i dont have that problem anymore. If it cant be fixed by your tuner i would tell him to do the same that i did and put it back to return fuel.

hglhndr85

Banned
oki so wat can i do about it? really dnt want to drop my gas tank and all that, anytihng i can adjust in my tune? i have the pulley tune installed that comes stock on the predator, can i adjust anytihng in there to help?

redsvtcobra

Established Member
The actual predator tuner is good, but DO NOT use that tune that came with it. You really want a custom tune either by a good reputable mail order tuner or a tune done on a dyno.

terminator04

Established Member
at dyno tune usually fines between 400-500...Get the SCT dyno tune is your best bet to fix it

terminator04

Established Member
a dyno tune usually runs between 400-500...Get the SCT dyno tune is your best bet to fix it

YGETV8

Established Member
You mean you installed the pulleys that you listed for sale in the market and were dealing with me on then said you sold locally after stringing me along for days? Hmmm...

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
YGETV8 said:
You mean you installed the pulleys that you listed for sale in the market and were dealing with me on then said you sold locally after stringing me along for days? Hmmm...

uh ohh.......

03yellow

Established Member
Thats your problem there are 3 thing that need to be disabled that the stock predator pulley tune does not disable.
PS: your car is going way fat in the upper rpms with the stock predator pulley tune.

hglhndr85 said:
oki so wat can i do about it? really dnt want to drop my gas tank and all that, anytihng i can adjust in my tune? i have the pulley tune installed that comes stock on the predator, can i adjust anytihng in there to help?

redsvtcobra

Established Member
YGETV8 said:

If it is, please be thankful that you didn't get then, they're crap.

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
Here's another thought. You said you were running NGK plugs, but which ones? Most here recommend the TR6 plug once you up the boost, because the stock plugs, (and even the TR55 plug) may see spark blow-out at the upper RPM range.

I also agree that you should look for a good custom tune. If you're not near a dyno tune facility, do a search here and you'll find several highly recommended tuners that can do a "mail-order" tune that's way better than the in-the-box Predator pulley tune.

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
Cobra-21 said:
Here's another thought. You said you were running NGK plugs, but which ones? Most here recommend the TR6 plug once you up the boost, because the stock plugs, (and even the TR55 plug) may see spark blow-out at the upper RPM range.

I also agree that you should look for a good custom tune. If you're not near a dyno tune facility, do a search here and you'll find several highly recommended tuners that can do a "mail-order" tune that's way better than the in-the-box Predator pulley tune.

Yeah - I was thinking spark blow out too. .36 might be too big.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
gmynko said:
Yeah - I was thinking spark blow out too. .36 might be too big.

I would be surprised. If it's not doing it under load at high rpm's, it sure shouldn't be blowing it out when shifting. This sounds just like the very common shift hesitation issue.

Users who are viewing this thread