Here's how to find deals on craigslist...

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
(Did I post this in the right section? Mods, feel free to move if I buggered this up.) Anyways -

This is a technique I came up with and is how I've found 99% of the killer deals I've come across.

1. Go to www.crazedlist.org. This site will allow you to search ALL of Craigslist. Only problem is it is slow and is a BITCH to sort through because it shows you each city in a different frame.

2. Say you have your eye out for a set of Cobra R rims. In the search field, type "Cobra R rims" or something along those lines, and then make sure you are searching the For Sale > Auto Parts section.

3. Make sure that ALL regions and cities are checked.

4. Don't actually hit the "Search" button. Instead, click the "Get RSS Feeds" button to the far right.

5. This will let you generate an RSS feed for that exact search. It will create a feed for every single region on craigslist and export the RSS list to an XML file.

6. Get a good RSS reader. I use Great News (www.curiostudio.com). The Google one doesn't seem to work with this so stay away from that.

7. In your RSS reader, use the "Import Feeds" command to import your XML file that CrazedList generated.

8. Now you just have to go on every morning or as often as you want and click your update button. It will search every single city in craigslist for the keyword you specified and will only show you the ones that turned up results. You will probably get quite a few results per day...just wait till that great deal shows up.

9. You know what to do from there

This allows you to have your eyes on all of Craigslist at all times. Just wait for a deal to pop up and contact the seller. I've found that most are willing to ship. I've found some CRAZY deals this way. The only thing you want to avoid is importing more than 2 or 3 keywords since each one has several hundred feeds and can bog down your reader. But if you are looking for a specific part or car or anything under the sun, this is your ticket. You can forget Ebay (at least I have, what with fraudulent douchebags and Ebay's extortionist "fees"). Hope that helps some of you.

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I use it occasionally but its not real popular in my area; so no real steals.

Nice info though; thanks for sharing.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Cool. I'll definitely use it. I've found some crazy deals off Craigslist. Most haven't been car related however.

Invictus

Banned
I bought a clear titled 01' jetta sports package pristine that had 40k miles and a thrown rod and a cracked windshield for 2400 rebuild the motor for under 600 and replaced the windshield for like 345 and sold it on ebay for 7k ish... Craigslist FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread