Heres a question for all you Lightning guys

MOORESPEED

Established Member
Ok, simple question that I need a good answer to. I have a few guys telling me that a Lightning with JUST intake, pulley, and tune will run low 12's and yes they said on stock goodyears too. I dont think this is possible, but Ill let you guys be the judge. :thumbsup:

SVTinVA

Established Member
on a 4# pulley, intake, predator, i went 12.601@109. This was on toyo proxies in 40 degree weather. I pulled a best of a 1.93 60' on that run. If it was a tad warmer with better track prep, i would of been able to launch it harder. A local guy John ran a 12.55 on 4#, sct xcal2 (ed clark tune) and intake the same day.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
MOORESPEED said:
Ok, simple question that I need a good answer to. I have a few guys telling me that a Lightning with JUST intake, pulley, and tune will run low 12's and yes they said on stock goodyears too. I dont think this is possible, but Ill let you guys be the judge. :thumbsup:

:bs: Sorry,NOT!!!! maybe high 12's but most likely low 13's.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
SVTinVA said:
on a 4# pulley, intake, predator, i went 12.601@109. This was on toyo proxies in 40 degree weather. I pulled a best of a 1.93 60' on that run. If it was a tad warmer with better track prep, i would of been able to launch it harder. A local guy John ran a 12.55 on 4#, sct xcal2 (ed clark tune) and intake the same day.

WOW mid 12's with 395hp....Nice job.

MOORESPEED

Established Member
SVTinVA said:

In your sig. it also says you have exhaust and valve body?

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
MOORESPEED said:
In your sig. it also says you have exhaust and valve body?
He might not have had those on when he ran it. (Probably wouldnt help that much anyway)

|SvT-TiPsY|

Go Cubs.....WooT!
Established Member
Wow, I doubt it........

I would like to see the video and timeslip of the guy who said he ran 12.6 with those mild mods he listed.......

Mike

EDIT: I ran a 60ft of 1.99 and pulled a 13.02 at 108....with similar mods.....show a timeslip and video, otherwise I call.... :bs:

Last edited:

|SvT-TiPsY|

Go Cubs.....WooT!
Established Member
SVTinVA said:

I had those mods yesterday and then some with a decent tune and a 1.99 60ft launch. Where did you get 1/2 second faster with only 01 mph faster and a 3/10 faster 60 ft time???? Just curious......

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I went 12.90s with a Superchips max micro tuner, CL elbow, and an Airaid CAI with some weight removed off the truck. NO PULLEY.

SVTinVA

Established Member
|SvT-TiPsY| said:
Wow, I doubt it........

I would like to see the video and timeslip of the guy who said he ran 12.6 with those mild mods he listed.......

Mike

EDIT: I ran a 60ft of 1.99 and pulled a 13.02 at 108....with similar mods.....show a timeslip and video, otherwise I call.... :bs:

ill post my slip when i get off work. I also had a bassani catback, LFP valve body, and LFP Idler Pulley.... which might help minimally. I have 32 witnesses at the MIR track rental. I dont have a video but i have numerous slips ranging from 12.601 to 12.8.

Keep in mind, we were at sea level, 40 degree outside temp

SVTinVA

Established Member
i also ran 3 gallons of 104 octane mixed with 10 gallons of 93 octane, Denso IT22 plugs, Removed tailgate, spare, jack, passenger seat and speaker box. When i left, i had 1/2 tank of gas.

Last edited:

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
SVTinVA said:
i also ran 3 gallons of 104 octane mixed with 10 gallons of 93 octane, Denso IT22 plugs, Removed tailgate, spare, jack, passenger seat and speaker box. When i left, i had 1/2 tank of gas.

What next?100 shot of nitrous?LOL just kidding.

samill2

sell? keep? sell? keep?
Established Member
Shouldn't be a problem. I had a Lightning guy tell me just the other day that the Lightning could "smoke me and tow me home." So...apparently...they're already faster than mid 12's stock.

[/sarcasm]

:beer:

SVTinVA

Established Member
here i am at budds creek (MIR) #5 for reference.

wMTEzMjgwOTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTE0NzUzOTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTE0NzU0MDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Vette Eater

Established Member
My truck with a Airaid CAI, 2.8 upper and the bassani catback and a tune went 12.88/105 weeks after it was new. Mid to high 12's yes...Low 12's only if it some sort of freak truck

Users who are viewing this thread