here's a good one

svtdriven

Established Member
Found this listing on ebay.

This guy is claiming this car to be a 1993 cobra.

ae_1_b.JPG

ab_1_b.JPG

a5_1_b.JPG

the ebay listing

The vin clearly shows it's a 4 cylinder. I emailed him, suggesting that he shouldn't list it as a cobra. that it was misleading. Even though I think the car is ugly as hell, I tried to give a few compliments, hoping not to upset him. here ismy email.

"you aren't doing anyone a favor by saying that your car is a "1993 cobra". it s clearly a 4 cylinder with a v8 swap. Its a really nice looking car, and doesn't need the "cobra" attached to it. If anything, any real enthusiast will spot that right away and steer clear of it thinking you might be lying about the condition as well as the name. it does look really nice though. I'm not telling you what to do, just making a suggestion. take care!"

And here is his response:

"what favor am i doing??????
and tell me whats a real cobra?????just another sell and a vin that states its a real cobra oooooo big deal.
my car is way better then a " real cobra"
but i don't know what u do for a living but u sure don't knoe anything about cars and building them.
because any real car builder knows that a 4cy body is the best car to build for a race car."

was I too harsh or does this guy live his life "one quarter mile at a time"?

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I tend to avoid making mention of things like that to sellers. If they are dumb enough to do stuff like that, they are usually asshats as well.

I saw the same auction as well.

And sometimes, people will add "cobra" to the description so they will get more hits when people do searches on ebay.

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
93Cobra2771 said:
I tend to avoid making mention of things like that to sellers. If they are dumb enough to do stuff like that, they are usually asshats as well.

"Asshats" holy shit thats funny. thanks man that made my night.

lone sailor

Established Member
I don't see anything in there that would back up his 430hp claim. Wow, he has a brand new crate engine, but fails to mention what kind of crate engine and what size it is :rolleyes:

90mustang306

Dead Crawlin
Established Member
Its funny when people try to steer buyers in the wrong way so they can make money off of them. ex- someone selling a 01 gt and claiming its a 03 cobra with a s/c...lol It just makes me laugh when I see that because they think there going to make big bucks off of it and they don't because they f*ck up rhe listing.

BIGINCH Cobra

Established Member
svtdriven said:
"what favor am i doing??????
and tell me whats a real cobra?????just another sell and a vin that states its a real cobra oooooo big deal.
my car is way better then a " real cobra"
but i don't know what u do for a living but u sure don't knoe anything about cars and building them.
because any real car builder knows that a 4cy body is the best car to build for a race car."

was I too harsh or does this guy live his life "one quarter mile at a time"?

RACECAR HA :D he needs to do some pepole a favor and quit calling that 14 second rice inspired 4 cyl. use to be, a RACECAR

Users who are viewing this thread