Here we go...

Poseidon

You want some?
Established Member
How are you all doin'? i just bought myself a 2003 Mustang GT. I'm gonna start modding it out... any recomendations as to what I need to do to start the ball rolling? :burnout:

Tommy303

Established Member
Go with springs first to take away from the 4 X 4 look. If you're planning on a blower or nitrous, nixx the K&N or intake, they'll just be wasted money.

If you do go with an intake, avoid the MAC CAI, (Cold Air Intake). I've read good things about the Densecharger, but I can tell you from experience that the MAC doesn't do squat.

After the springs, get 3.73's. If you plan on 1/4 mile racing the Stang, go with 4.10's, but the 3.73's are enough and better for daily driving.

Then get an exhaust. Even a cheapo straight piped exhaust will work. It'll sound FANTASTIC and net around 15 RWHP/20 RWTQ. If you want a bolt-on exhaust, you can get a Magnaflow cat-back from www.fulllineexhaust.com for only around $330, (unless he raised the price). I've tried to find it cheaper, and could NOT.

If you're NOT going the forced induction route, try a 70mm FMS, (Ford Motorsport) throttle body and maybe the FMS pulleys. Both should cost around $300, ($140 for the pulleys, and $160 for the TB). I netted an extra 14 RWHP/16 RWTQ from them.

If you want a blower, go with a ProCharger IF, and only IF you don't care about some added maintanence. Just a P1SC can add about 150 RWHP. It did on mine. The Vortechs are more reliable but don't come with an intercooler, (you can buy an aftercooler, but the ProCharger comes with one).

Lastly, don't under-estimate the power of a good drag-racing suspension. LCA's, (lower control arms) are a good investment. If you want to do more road racing, then check out Steeda or another tuner's site.

Good luck!!

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Suspension, suspension, suspension. GT tail comes out too easily. Subframe connectors, Torque-arm, Panhard Bar, Springs, Camber Kit, Shocks. More or less in that order. Maximum Motorsports or Griggs.

khaine

Established Member
First, gears, now since it's on a lift anyway, do the subframe connectors, and pick something that will work for you to eliminate the rear end slop, if you want to go cheap you can at the same time box your rear lower control arms, or replace them with a better unit, I'm partial to Steeda myself, got a 5-link back there.

Don't bother with a cold air intake, they aren't worth the hassle, but they do look nice.

Users who are viewing this thread