Hennessey VelociRaptor 500

earl lee

Established Member
Hennessey has worked its magic on the new Ford F150 Raptor and as you'd expect, the primary addition to FoMoCo's Dakar-ready pickup is... power. Meet the Hennessey VelociRaptor.

With the knowledge that Ford's engineers know infinitely more about suspension tuning, Hennessey has focused the majority of its efforts under the hood, slapping a Whipple supercharger onto the Raptor's 5.4-liter V8 and ramping output to 501 horsepower (at 5,100 rpm) and 520 pound-feet of torque (at 3,200 rpm). Combined with the 9.1 pounds of boost, a K&N intake, upgraded fuel injectors, a stainless steel exhaust and headers, and then tuned with a reflashed ECU, the VelociRaptor's 0-60 time has been reduced from 8.4 to 5.6 seconds with the quarter mile dispatched in 14.1 seconds at 97 mph.

Hennessey plans to create 100 VelociRaptors each year, with the full kit coming in at $10,950 or the Hennessey-installed solution for $14,995, which includes a one-year warranty. Full stats and breakdown after the jump, along with a video of the VelociRaptor running the traps.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/10/hennessey-velociraptor-500/

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
Don't know if that will be a good idea offroad. Dirt, sand, and water can be bad news with NA motors, don't want to imagine the carnage with a roots style blower. Although the bump in power does make it more respectable on the track.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
I like the name, but that's about it.

Does anyone else see a potential problem with slapping a twin screw on a STOCK 5.4?? isn't 9 lbs of boost a bit much for an engine that was designed to be n/a?

steeltoe

Established Member
I like the name, but that's about it.

Does anyone else see a potential problem with slapping a twin screw on a STOCK 5.4?? isn't 9 lbs of boost a bit much for an engine that was designed to be n/a?

IIRC 550-575hp is about all these 3v motors can take. I thinking about getting it done to my truck. JDM quoted me 12k to put a Whipple on my truck, so this isn't a bad deal.

steeltoe

Established Member
I wouldn't deal with this man, even if he was the last tuner on earth.
I think I may just order the kit and my local guy install and tune it. Texas air is very different South Eastern VA. I don't have to have to with email updates to correct air/fuel problems.
They should slap a whipple on the 6.2L see what it can do at the track... 500whp maybe?
500hp is easy for a 6.2L motor.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Hennessey has worked its magic on the new Ford F150 Raptor and as you'd expect,
...slapping a Whipple supercharger onto the Raptor's 5.4-liter V8 and ramping output to 501 horsepower (at 5,100 rpm) and 520 pound-feet of torque (at 3,200 rpm).

I would hardly call anything hennessey does magical! He is a thief and great at creating time bombs!:poke::rockon:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Gonna say the same thing I say in every new hennecrap thread I read like this:

F HENNESCREW.

steeltoe

Established Member
wheel hp i was thinking... i was thinking it makes 415 or whatever it was crank... add a blower u can maybe see another 150+ get to 500 to the actual wheels not crank.... what would a stock raptor 6.2L do on a dynojet... mid 300s?

The only 6.2 I have heard of being dyno'd was the Raptor R and all that has been said was 500+hp. Unless ON D BIT knows something else.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The only 6.2 I have heard of being dyno'd was the Raptor R and all that has been said was 500+hp. Unless ON D BIT knows something else.

I will have to ask Greg what the dyno numbers were at the wheels for the R. They had the headers on the R glowing red on the dyno!:eek::-D Ford said it was north of 500 at the crank. Ford has tons of both engine and chasis dyno information on the 6.2, in both stock and modified versions. This info is just not public.

I would still hesitate to put a blower on the 6.2. I am sure it would be easy to create 500rwhp n/a. Then you dont deal with heat soak specially if your desert racing it. Also the 6.2 can be built out to 7.5 or 8.0l and make north of 800hp at the crank! Roush has one in their drag cars currently!

ModularFan

Established Member
Just do what everyone say's and stay away from Hennessey, Go with JDM, they recently put a Roush or saleen supercharger on a Raptor, and sent it to Dubai, the guy is on here actually.

steeltoe

Established Member
Just do what everyone say's and stay away from Hennessey, Go with JDM, they recently put a Roush or saleen supercharger on a Raptor, and sent it to Dubai, the guy is on here actually.

He pissed me off yesterday. I asked him about 5 questions in an email and the only one he answered was the one that involved money, the others were about services and the shop. I know about the Saleen supercharged Raptor in Dubai. I was suppose to meet up with him my last time through but I dont know my flight info until right before my flight so it never happened. Like I said JDM quoted me 10K for everything(blower,retro-fitting, install, and tuning).

ModularFan

Established Member
He pissed me off yesterday. I asked him about 5 questions in an email and the only one he answered was the one that involved money, the others were about services and the shop. I know about the Saleen supercharged Raptor in Dubai. I was suppose to meet up with him my last time through but I dont know my flight info until right before my flight so it never happened. Like I said JDM quoted me 10K for everything(blower,retro-fitting, install, and tuning).

F"ck em, at least you know with JDM your getting creditable service.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
F"ck em, at least you know with JDM your getting creditable service.

If you would like I could set up a qoute as well from MHP! MHP has 100% map access to the tranny as well. Drop me an email or give me a call and I will see what I can do. Andy from MHP has a 6.2 on order, but we would love to tune one sooner.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread