Hennessey HPE-1000 Camaro vs FBO GT-R

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
Met this guy on our last hill country run and he was a great sport. This was his first time running a GT-R and definitely not what he expected. His car recently put down 967rwhp on a dynojet.

This short clip should be enough to show that a stock HellFat is not putting any lengths on an FBO GT-R, not even on 93.

I just recently converted to flex fuel and still working on fine tuning. Ethanol content is only at 60% right now but already feels so much stronger. I'm sure I'll get to run him again and will post results on E85 when that happens.

[youtube_browser]k-yu0FC9VD4[/youtube_browser]

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
He needed to brake boost, looked like he started pulling on you then you let off. Fast cars

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
Both nasty cars!!

Thanks! :beer:

That blue is awesome

Thank you! :beer:

INB4 hitman.

yea that blue is sexy. fast car man

Thank you! :beer:

He needed to brake boost, looked like he started pulling on you then you let off. Fast cars

Brake boost? It's supercharged. That was 40-130 going into 5th and pulling up to earico's gtr fast. He definitely stopped my pull and started a very slow creep. :beer:

jleews6

Established Member
Both cars are fast and it sounds like he spun at the hit and then short shifted. Whats a FBO GTr?

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Brake boost? It's supercharged. That was 40-130 going into 5th and pulling up to earico's gtr fast. He definitely stopped my pull and started a very slow creep. :beer:

Oh, sounded like it was turbo. After re-watching the video, it seemed like he spun on the hit. Your car is definately fast :beer:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
that blue looks like grabber blue.

so a full bolt on gtr beats a 1000whp camaro? whats the gtr putting down?

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
My Bad-I apologize
Downpipes
Intakes-like CAI
Injectors
Midpipe
Catback-Some do, some don't.
Fuel Pumps-needed for corn
Tune

Above is usually good for 600-625 rwhp give or take.....on E85 but he stated still dialing in-might be more or less.

Last edited:

Joewee500

Established Member
So this video proves what...that a FBO GTR at 700ish whp will hold off a 975whp camaro and no chance a bone stock Hellcat would beat a full bolt on GTR? If I were the camaro owner I would have a hard time believing my 1000hp car got beat by a sub 700hp car from a roll.

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
Both cars are fast and it sounds like he spun at the hit and then short shifted. Whats a FBO GTr?

Full Bolt On

I think he is asking what all is done to consider it full bolt on

Ahh,Thanks. It runs good for what it has.

My Bad-I apologize
Downpipes
Intakes-like CAI
Injectors
Midpipe
Catback-Some do, some don't.
Fuel Pumps-needed for corn
Tune

Above is usually good for 600-625 rwhp give or take.....on E85 but he stated still dialing in-might be more or less.

Thanks fellas. He did spin on the hit but no short shift. STCobra is right for the most part except this run was on 93 oct. I just recently converted over to flex fuel and still in the fine tuning process. I'm only running E60 at the moment but will increase ethanol content as soon as the pumps get rid of the winter blend E.

My mods in that race were:

Intakes
Injectors
Turbo Inlets
Down pipes
Mid pipe
Catback
Tune on 93

I've now added larger injectors, fuel pumps, flex fuel kit, and tuning for E is in progress. :thumbsup:

Oh, sounded like it was turbo. After re-watching the video, it seemed like he spun on the hit. Your car is definately fast :beer:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

that blue looks like grabber blue.

so a full bolt on gtr beats a 1000whp camaro? whats the gtr putting down?

I agree they look similar. I don't know what my car is putting down. I do know I have a very good tuner. :-D

:)

So this video proves what...that a FBO GTR at 700ish whp will hold off a 975whp camaro and no chance a bone stock Hellcat would beat a full bolt on GTR? If I were the camaro owner I would have a hard time believing my 1000hp car got beat by a sub 700hp car from a roll.

It proves exactly that. A stock Hellcat has zero chance. As for the guy in the Camaro, he was really cool about it. Surprised that's for sure.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Id say thats the weakest "1000hp" camaro ive ever seen in my life.

No a stock hellcat wont beat a proper FBO GTR. Just like a FBO GTR has zero chance of beating a proper 960+ rwhp camaro. This race is no different than the hellcat and gtr race imo.

GTR's are known for beating cars that out power them BUT they are not overcoming 300rwhp disadvantage against a vehicle that has similar weight.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Id say thats the weakest "1000hp" camaro ive ever seen in my life.

No a stock hellcat wont beat a proper FBO GTR. Just like a FBO GTR has zero chance of beating a proper 960+ rwhp camaro. This race is no different than the hellcat and gtr race imo.

GTR's are known for beating cars that out power them BUT they are not overcoming 300rwhp disadvantage against a vehicle that has similar weight.

This! Cool race OP.

Users who are viewing this thread