Hemi Challenger

1993R

Established Member
Just drove a Hemi Challenger. Pretty nice car and big. Tons of gadgets.Laid down some pretty big burnouts in it. My buddy is a sales manger at a local dealer. They had a silver SRT-8. It was really sick. Bad news is the SRT-8 will not get a manual tranny. The Hemi/V6 will. Lifetime warranty on power train. The cars computer is definitely holding back more power etc...a good tune would help it...

GT_Jim

Established Member
Been seeing more of these cars around lately but haven't had a chance to run one yet. Patiently waiting my turn.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
saw my first on the streets of pittsburgh jsut hte other day, but couldnt really get a grasp of how big it was cuz no other cars were next to it to compare size, but it still looked wide as hell

1993R

Established Member
I actually drove a 1970 one a few years ago and the view from the cockpit is similar but this thing is really quiet and smooth with all the BS creature comforts.Never could see the end of the hood.

Nino S

Established Member
all of the 2008 Challengers were SRT8 models with a automatic trans only. The 2009's are just getting in and the V6/RT/SRT will have the manual trans option. The 08/09 SRT8's will have the same power from the 6.1L Hemi but the 08 model was the only SRT's that have the dash badging. My company owns a dodge dealer next door and we just got our first 09 RT 6 speed manual in and it is a badass ride. Gonna try and take it out this week

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
all of the 2008 Challengers were SRT8 models with a automatic trans only. The 2009's are just getting in and the V6/RT/SRT will have the manual trans option.

What he said minus the V6. There will be no manual trans option for the '09 V6's.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Do any of the SRT8 Chargers have a manual tranny?
Of a half dozen I've see, autos...

Users who are viewing this thread