helps needed

cobra_kaiser87

Established Member
hi guys,

I have an issue with my cobra 03 that it keeps dropping timing from 5000rpm up to the end in the tuning reading it shows that I got a heat issue I checked all the coolers and the intercooler plus the intercooler pumps all seems work totally fine, the dyno numbs i got was 545hp on dyno while the tuning was giving to me must be 600+ boost reached 20-21

I would appreciate any kinds of suggestion

my setup is

mac headers, offroad x pipe, SLP power flo & 2.9 whipple, pulley size 3.00

thanks a lot,

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
hi guys,

I have an issue with my cobra 03 that it keeps dropping timing from 5000rpm up to the end in the tuning reading it shows that I got a heat issue I checked all the coolers and the intercooler plus the intercooler pumps all seems work totally fine, the dyno numbs i got was 545hp on dyno while the tuning was giving to me must be 600+ boost reached 20-21

I would appreciate any kinds of suggestion

my setup is

mac headers, offroad x pipe, SLP power flo & 2.9 whipple, pulley size 3.00

thanks a lot,

Not really sure what to say you answered your own question. It's not a tune issue, it's going to pull timing if the IAT2 get to that threshold. I'd datalog IAT2 and see when the heat starts to build and how long it takes to dissipate this might give better insight on the condition of your IC system. I wouldn't think a 2.9 at 20psi would be stressed. This might seem obvious but living in the climate you do, did the car have adequate cooling of the dyno? Was a adeqaute amount of time given between runs? Do you have a log file to check out?

Last edited:

cobra_kaiser87

Established Member
Not really sure what to say you answered your own question. It's not a tune issue, it's going to pull timing if the IAT2 get to that threshold. I'd datalog IAT2 and see when the heat starts to build and how long it takes to dissipate this might give better insight on the condition of your IC system. I wouldn't think a 2.9 at 20psi would be stressed. This might seem obvious but living in the climate you do, did the car have adequate cooling of the dyno? Was a adeqaute amount of time given between runs? Do you have a log file to check out?

Hey man thanks a lot for replying, I did checked my IAT2 & I found out that the sensor is not connected to any any connector so I realized the previous owner might be deleted it or something, is it a bad thing for not having it or it is a very important,

thnx again

Users who are viewing this thread