Helppp!!!!!!!!

530stangs_22

First On Race Day
Established Member
anyone in our around the sacramento area know of a good yet cheap rear end shop? i want to put my 373's in and im a superrr tight budget. the only place i know said they would do it for 600. this seems really high. please help me out! thanks guys

boolean

Banned
I'd just go to a ford dealership, it will be a lot more professional then bob down the street and be roughly the same price

2k3gt

Established Member
If you're expecting someone to install them for cheap then you need to put down the pipe..

tistan

Established Member
Is is a solid axle rear? The trans guy I used charges $200 labor to do gears. I just did the set of 4.10 and rebuilt the locker in my rear because I wanted to learn. It was a lot easier than I expected. All the special tools you need is a dial indicator, a good torque wrench, and a small magnetic tool comes in handy for getting the c clips in and out.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
When I lived in North Cali, I had a buddy that did them for $175. Check out cafords.com, you should be able to find a guy that does side jobs for a lot less than what a dealer/shop would ask for.

layzie

Established Member
anyone in our around the sacramento area know of a good yet cheap rear end shop? i want to put my 373's in and im a superrr tight budget. the only place i know said they would do it for 600. this seems really high. please help me out! thanks guys

A good shop should charge no more than $350.00 to install your gears. Pay no more then that.

Users who are viewing this thread