Helping out a friend. Come on inside!

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
Just to start off I'm not typically the person to do this, but I have a friend that has gone through some rough times. (Sexually abused, beaten, and left for broke) I feel bad for her. She has no car and a couple of kids. She is very active in the community and with the local schools. She has started a gofundme account to help her buy a car to make things easier for her. She really hasn't had any luck with it. She has a pretty good friend base, but seems like most of the 100+ comments on her status on Facebook are just "we are praying for you" and "praise Jesus" and "continue praying". I told her I wouldn't pray for her because that's the same thing as doing nothing. I did donate though and no one else has stepped up to the plate.

So with that I told her I would at least share her story and ask others to help her and share her story as well. If you can donate it would really mean a lot to her. If you can't, then please share it as that would be just much as appreciated. If this only makes her $20 then I feel I have done a better job then all of those people praying for her.

Car for Domestic Violence Single Mom by Courtney Smith Cates - GoFundMe

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
I don't mean to be a dick. But does this lady have a job ???

Seems like too many people nowadays are reliant on others for money. I mean, unless she's beaten to a pulp, and physically CAN'T work, then why not find a full time job?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't mean to be a dick. But does this lady have a job ???

Seems like too many people nowadays are reliant on others for money. I mean, unless she's beaten to a pulp, and physically CAN'T work, then why not find a full time job?

if you click the link youll see that she does have a job but not a good one at the moment

nxhappy

Established Member
if you click the link youll see that she does have a job but not a good one at the moment

Then she should get off her ass and turn in 10 job applications a day until she finds something suitable to support her family :thumbsup:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
After reading the OP....I foresaw the other comments coming..

Call me a psychic.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Good for her, sounds like she is on the right path.
Not saying this is her motive, however everyone seems to be looking for a handout these days. When people give you things, you are less inclined to stay motivated and focused.
And the scams that are on the internet have multiplied x100000 fold.

Last edited:

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
After reading the OP....I foresaw the other comments coming..

Call me a psychic.
I was hoping for other comments as well. I am not religious at all and I do not condone hand outs. It just bothers me me that her whole family/friend base is overly religious and have not helped other than to pray. I wouldn't have donated anything my self other than I do know that she is working and is trying to go to school to better herself and is truly trying.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Edit: Saw you made an edit, too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread