Helping me disect an LSx friends slip.

SVT Monster

Established Member
A friend of mine has a really strong TA. After another new transmission from TCI he put it on the track last night. We only have 1/8 mile tracks locally and his numbers were lower 6.40s. Last night his best was a 6.73. It really pissed him off. Itried to explain to him that I had seen new trannies to cause cars to slow a little before due to more torque at the wheels. What I need help with is this a plausible loss? I mean 3 or 4 tenths seemed a little much to him, is it?:coolman:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I would think he may have the wrong converter, but I'm no auto guru. Were all the other conditions similar? Like temp, humidity, track conditions, weight of car. Alot of variables to look into.

SVT Monster

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. The only big difference other than the tranny was outside temp. It was slightly cooler out and the track was probably a little cooler but the other stronger cars weren't having any traction issues. We took the belt off the blower and just sprayed the car, he thought maybe a blower problem, but the car slowed way down from a 6.73 to a 7.33.

Whizzle

Established Member
wrong converter is what it sounds like. A new transmission, if the trans was originally the problem, should get the car to run faster

SVT Monster

Established Member
This is a brand new tranny from TCI. He called me this morning and said he lost drive on the way home so I guess the new one didn't hold up after all.

Users who are viewing this thread