Help:/

Svt98snake!

@COBRAMARCE
Established Member
Hello everyone,

I honestly need to vent haha so am 18 and still learning here and there about my car so If I say something that doesn't make sense haha correct me lol but I have a lot of questions. And I am all about learning..:)

Ok so first off my car has been consuming a lot of oil for the past 8 months...I can't seem to pinpoint why? its like I'm constantly having to check my oil levels and put some more in there every now and then....

Secondly my car seems to have no pull at full throttle feels sluggish .I had cleaned the throttle and the TPS sensor and it started running bad so I had bought a new one and put it on and cleared the codes but the car still doesn't pull right....now that being said its starting to feel like when my fuel pump was bad the first time..as of right now it has a 300lph fuel pump, and new fuel filter.. (changed both of those things in December) and at about 95 mph felt like my car didn't want to pick up and then I heard a back fire...so I don't know what's going on..in this area

Another thing is my car starts getting pretty shaky at around 85 mph.i don't know what that is all about either..

I'm honestly just debating on sending my baby to Ford or somewhere where they are Ford knowledgeable... and have some really good mechanic's...and just going to have them go all around the car and do different test on it and tell me what the problems are because I am just going crazy buying different parts and nothing working..

Honestly the car drives good never had it break down on me or my dad (dad gave me the car my senior year been in the fam for 11 or 12 years)

now my car is a 98 cobra has probably 160,000 + mi (odometer stopped working) and my car was in a accident about 3 months ago if this means anything)it was parked and some idiot rammed the front of it idk how but my inertia switch was like as if it was pressed in.. haven't messed with it since...
and idk if this helps either but here are mods I do have JLT CAI, OFF ROAD X pipe no cats, MSD coil packs, FRPP 9mm wires.

any ideas would help me out a lot :) thnx

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Have you done any sort of tune up?
Have any Imrc codes? Probably pretty gummed up and you car will be a snail if they're closed.
Have you leaked any oil? Have you ran a compression check? May need a catch can for blow by or something of that nature.
Has the trans mount ever been replaced? Tires balanced? Pilot bearing ever replaced? (I would always guarantee that when a clutch is done, cheap insurance)
I don't know if any of this helps, but you gotta start somewhere and I don't know your car

Svt98snake!

@COBRAMARCE
Established Member
thnx for the reply man everything helps!. And yes I had imrc codes once but sea foam did the trick to that. But maybe they got all nasty again.. never had compression test and I did leak oil last year but my dad and I fixed that problem ..and ahh yea I never thought about the pilot bushing..could be... thnks man appreciate it..i need to have the code scanned again.. im honestly thinking that maybe my fuel injectors are bad..i was on a faulty fuel pump and clogged filter for a long while....

greasy

SVT Noob
Established Member
There is no way running Sea Foam through the car is going to clean the IMRC's. I just pulled apart the top side of my motor to delete the IMRC's as well as clean the secondary intake ports and it took a good amount of work to get them clean. My car only has 28K on it, so I cannot imagine what they look like at 160K!!!! If I were you I would pull the top of the motor apart, delete/clean the IMRC's, clean the secondary intake ports, and then change the plugs.

Noreast

Established Member
+1000^ take the intake off and clean the imrcs. Becareful with the lower IMRC gaskets as they are very hard to find. I would change plugs as well. I know a lot of people here have problems with msd coil packs and prefer stock. I myself am running msd ones with no problems so far (granted they only have 4k miles on them)

Users who are viewing this thread