Help!

DUMBASS

Banned
Still trying to work out my pump gas tune. to this point the best pull the car has been able to make with out detonating is 575 hp that was with close to 17 psi with only 8 degrees of timing. i have a single 76 car with a .20 over bore. for some reason it will not hold any timing. we thought the first time it was a bad gas issue. I drained the tank out and put in new gas form the place i have always gone. and had the same result. the car sits right now once again with 8 degrees of timing and 15#'s. any idea what could be causing it to detonate with as little as 11-12 degrees. I know it should be able to get over 650 hp on pump gas at 16-17 psi and 14 degrees. Looking for ideas? any suggestions help. thanks

DUMBASS

Banned
a proffesional obviously. He has done several other turbo cars as of late and all those worked out fine. he is the owner of DB performance.

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
Im sorry I had to laugh lol :beer:

a proffesional obviously. He has done several other turbo cars as of late and all those worked out fine. he is the owner of DB performance.

The reason I didn't find it obvious is why doesn't the tuner know what's going on or know the reason why it's doing it. If I were taking mine to a tuner and he's not sure why it's doing what it's doing..........I might find that surprising and disconcerting.

Last edited:

DUMBASS

Banned
yeah he is not to sure why it would be that way. he was gonna plull plugs this moring to see if maybe it is just on cylinder and mybe it has to do with an injector or something. but it is really strange. just not something he has seen alot of.

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
yeah he is not to sure why it would be that way. he was gonna plull plugs this moring to see if maybe it is just on cylinder and mybe it has to do with an injector or something. but it is really strange. just not something he has seen alot of.

Hope it's nothing serious man. Good luck to you.:beer:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
i would pull all the plugs and inspect them closely to start. You can still obtain a decent AF if you have a bad or lazy injector. How does the car run aside from WOT pulls? Does it run smooth, how does it idle, does it seem like its missing?

What is your exact engine combo? What octane gas are you running?

DUMBASS

Banned
i would pull all the plugs and inspect them closely to start. You can still obtain a decent AF if you have a bad or lazy injector. How does the car run aside from WOT pulls? Does it run smooth, how does it idle, does it seem like its missing?

What is your exact engine combo? What octane gas are you running?

it is a little choppy at idle due to the injector size, but does not miss. it runs smooth all the time. the octane was 92. i hav a .20 over bore with cp pistions. 17cc dished. i have an aeromotive eliminator system with 96# injectors. hellion t-76 kit. on a 99.01 intake mani set up.

i think our set ups were almost identical when we talked the last time i dynoed.

Users who are viewing this thread