Help

2thedarkside

It's stock
Established Member
I just install my C&L upper plenum, accufab sbtb, C&L intake elbow, and a cone K&N air filter. Now the truck gave me a check engine light and when it shifts it feels like it is at wide open throttle. I went over everthing and double check all nuts and bolts and made sure all hose's were right. Can anyone help me

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
You either left a vacuum hose disconnected or your MAF got some oil on the hair. Is your MAF in the same position it was in before you added these mods? Also, you should probably get a tune as you may be running a little rich after the installation of these mods.

2thedarkside

It's stock
Established Member
I know it will need a tune the IAT is inside the cone I will clean the maf andget back to you guys thanks for the help, and I am going to check for the thrid time now all the vacuum lines

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
2thedarkside said:
I just install my C&L upper plenum, accufab sbtb, C&L intake elbow, and a cone K&N air filter. Now the truck gave me a check engine light and when it shifts it feels like it is at wide open throttle. I went over everthing and double check all nuts and bolts and made sure all hose's were right. Can anyone help me

Check the small hose in the center underneath the tube. If it doesn't breath right it will make it shift funny.

2thedarkside

It's stock
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Check the small hose in the center underneath the tube. If it doesn't breath right it will make it shift funny.
I will check the small hose, the DTC code is 5284 if that helps at all. thanks for the help again.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
If you don't have any way to set it you can try just put it where it was to start with. That's usually close enough to get you by till you have somebody adjust it.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
5284 is oil pressure switch failure from what I found. It's not uncommon and cheap to fix but it shouldn't cause the symptoms you describe. The PSI switch is on the drivers side of the engine where the oil filter/cooler assembly is bolted to the block. Make sure the connector is on there good and if it continues get a new switch and that will take care of it.

PROVIDING YOU HAVE OIL IN THE ENGINE OF COURSE.

2thedarkside

It's stock
Established Member
I think it is the tps, cause I took it off and look at it and stuck so I put a flat head screwdrive in it and move back to the close pistion put it back on the trottle body open and close the throttle body took it back off and it was in the middle again

2thedarkside

It's stock
Established Member
I will make sure to line up this time, and my MAF went bad too so if anyone got a aftermarket MAF they want to sell let me know

2thedarkside

It's stock
Established Member
Well I more question, I got the new tps and now the truck shifts fine but how do I set it I got a volt gauge and I know it is post to be .97-.99 vdc, how do I set it to that with the key off

Users who are viewing this thread