help

LightningMAS

Banned
something is very wrong with the truck...

After i pull the bung back out and free-air calibrate it, put the bung back in..

started the truck up, the aem now reads 10.4 at idling.. wtf? i have black **** blowing out out my tailpipe at idling...with alot of water blowing out with it to... my dad saw it and said come here look at ur tailpipe.. what is causing this.. also my idle drops down then raise back up to normal when switching from drive to park.. what is causing all this now??? im not driving the truck till i get it straightened... plugs?, cops?,

its 45 degrees out and i have my timing backed -9 at 3.5-redline .. is that causing this?

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Last edited:

LightningMAS

Banned
heres what the pipe shows..

r-1-L7.JPG

r-2-L8.JPG

r-3-L9.JPG

LightningMAS

Banned
That looks like condesation coming from the pipes. No big deal. A fouled plug will cause un-burnt gas. The un-burnt gas will change to a taint smell after it goes through a heated cat.
To see if you are pushing a head gasket all you have to do is open the coolant tank and rev the motor. See if you get air bubbles. This is probably not the case, when I pushed a gasket is was puffing pretty good. White smoke.
by a member over at nloc .. hes right.. i think i fouled a plug.

LightningMAS

Banned
heres some pics of what my driver side 4 plugs look like... i have not had a chance to do my passenger side cause all they had at o'reillys was 4 TR6's... so tomorrow i will get 4 more... these was gapped at .34 i just put new ones in gapped at .32

the tip was brownish/grey , ring was wet black, and insulator was brown burnt looking.

r-1-rich1.JPG

r-2-rich2.JPG

r-3-rich3.JPG

r-4-rich4.JPG

r-5-rich5.JPG

what do u think of them...

SVT99RED

Established Member
whens the last time you changed your 02 sensors??? I had the same prob with running 10.0 and richer at idle I also would get a lean code for bank 1... My heat shield for my cats pinched a wire to my front 2 o2 sensors changed them now 14.7-15.2 at idle just intime for smog!!

SVT99RED

Established Member
it depends on how rich you are running.. if running real rich all the time it says to change them around 10,000... other than that I would figure when the go bad or at 50-100,000 miles...

SVT99RED

Established Member
LightningMAS said:
something is very wrong with the truck...

After i pull the bung back out and free-air calibrate it, put the bung back in..

started the truck up, the aem now reads 10.4 at idling.. wtf? i have black **** blowing out out my tailpipe at idling...with alot of water blowing out with it to... my dad saw it and said come here look at ur tailpipe.. what is causing this.. also my idle drops down then raise back up to normal when switching from drive to park.. what is causing all this now??? im not driving the truck till i get it straightened... plugs?, cops?,

its 45 degrees out and i have my timing backed -9 at 3.5-redline .. is that causing this?

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Dont know how much but backing out timing will make it run richer, try putting the timing back in and see if it goes back to normal.

LightningMAS

Banned
i will do that when i get the passenger side plugs in today when i get the plugs from o'reillys...

15-16* timing in park
40-44* timing accelerating
30* timing deaccelerating
15* at wot
MAF- didnt even get up to 3.5v so not peggin.. mafia on setting 2

this was 2 days ago in cold weather 35 degrees

yesterday the temp was high 58 degrees.. today high is 60 degrees..

whats up with the damn weather?lol

i know i need to pull timing back up... i will do that when i get plugs in.. i have the timing 1,000rpm-3,000rpm set at 0.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread