Help!!!!!

Feary

Established Member
I need some help fellas, since I bought the car used I cant exactly tell you what they are but....There Black Eibach springs, I think Black is Pro-Kit. My car is slammed veryyy veryy low on 18's. This is the question I REALLY need help with! OK The inside of my tires wear terrible, the ride is horrible driving down the road the stearing wheel vibrates terrible. Its a vert, so what can I do to solve these problems? How do I fix the tire wear? how can I make it ride smoother I knwo springs make for a rougher ride but its bad and the stearing wheel just vibrates back and forth. So please HELP!

Feary

Established Member
I had it aligned already, They got it as good as it could be. Said they couldnt adjust it anymore.

GodStang

Established Member
Then better Caster-cambers to adjust more. I had Eibach Sportline on my 01 and they where as low as it could go with out needing CC. I am guessing you are lower so you will need them to adjust the rest of the way.

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
list all suspension mods..!!

something doesn't add up...you should have an alignment sheet...!...what do the numbers say...?...what can't be adjusted...?

Last edited:

Feary

Established Member
I cant tell you all suspension mods b/c I don't know. I just looked under there to see what kinda springs it had on it.Bought used so I cant tell ya, Only thing the engine has is a BBK Intake everything else is stock. Cervinis Hood, Saleen Spoiler, 18in Cobra R's, CD Player, CD Changer, 2 12's Molded in the trunk, Classic Concepts Light Bar....I'll get some pics up one of these days im just frustrated with the car right now. Before I can start making it faster I half to get the existing problems fixed first. The system isnt working is another problem, and when you shut the passsenger door the window catches the top and doesnt shut, so you gotta hold the top up or roll the window down to shut the door.

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member

The C/C plate will offer you adjustability on your front end a great deal more than before and this should help your camber problem...see pic for what your tires are probably doing and this are what the C/C plates will fix...only thing is your going to need another adjustment and you should have a set of new rubber on there for this...!...and for the system not working, I have nothing :bash:

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
the rear is wearing...????????...tire pressure or bad alignment man...or stop doing all those burnouts...thats it

rcurtis

Established Member
I think your vibration may be due to warped brake rotors. I had a very similar problem with mine. I had them turned and it worked for a while, eventually it came back. I replaced them with OEM and haven't had any issues since.

rick

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
Feary said:
So the MM CC plates are the best? And what you recommend to fix my problem?

IMO & others that have had 3 bolt and gone through potholes or hit curbs then changed over to MM 4 bolt... yes, MM are the best!

aaron427

Established Member
Feary said:
What about the rear? Those are the tires that are wearing out?
Like they say if you are doing burnouts a different ball game, but in the rear on all my tires I run about 28-31 lbs in the rear and I always have nice even wear across the back. Unless I run my nittos I have a little harder time getting them to wear on the outsides. Tire pressure has so many variations to it.

Feary

Established Member
Well whatever you guys can suggest, I cant even stand driving the car anymore. Im either going to trade it in/sell it or find out what will fix it. If you guys can recommend what I need to buy/get checked out I would appreciate it. I already see I need MM CC plates, and get my rotors checked. What else, I also need to get my top fixed you cant shut the passenger door without holding the top up with your hand a little. This car has been a headache since I bought it, I just want it fixed.

BTW I dont burnout the tires wont last me for shit now as it is, I mean its extreme I had tons of tread on my tires and the inside was Wires all the way around on both rear tires.

Tire pressure is at 30psi and im running Nankang tires, with 18inch New style Cobra R's.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Vibration in the wheel is 1 of 2 things, as someone mentioned, warped brake rotors, or
a tire with a shifted belt. (out of round) the shifted belt can also give a funny wear pattern.

Rotate front to back, if the vibration goes to the rear then replace those tires.
If wheel still shakes, do brake job and change rotors.

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
The best thing to do is take it to a reputable shop and have someone fix the problem. Sounds like this other place is jacking you around. A good shop will take it in and get it handled. It may not be cheap up front but, trust me it will be cheaper in the long run. We can all give you our 2 cents but you'll end up potentialy spending alot of money and not fixing the problem. Good Luck and let me know how it goes. Later...

Users who are viewing this thread