Help!!

01yellercobra

Established Member
its crazy...have asked a few and they had no issues...afterall its metal on metal
I didn't run isolators in my 01 for close to ten years. Never had a peep. I did use stock Terminator springs though. Maybe that was the difference.

286rocks

Established Member
Took mine out a couple years back on stock springs. More suspension noise for sure, but definitely no squeaking. I'm metal on metal.

Mustangbadboy

Established Member
It may be coming from either the shock or bushing...imma have to get it on jacks and figure it out....i taped the springs with electrical tape and greased them too...that heater hose idea is another good one too

shurur

Established Member
Thanks boss...imma definitely try this.

This comes with a disclaimer:
I haven't actually done it, but there a few on here who have ..I think one was jrgoffin...but his terminator site doesn't mention it..

I used the MM prothane and actually just added the steeda/proforged front spring spacer, as I was still scraping on some speed bumps.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was thinking about this and I remembered, I didn't have any isolators up front and only had the bottom isolators in the rear. I didn't have any squeaking or funky noise.

Snk-Byet01

Established Member
hmm...tried this as well...still squeaks after a week
Hmmmm. It sounds (no pun intended) like it might be something else. I have Vogtland springs, no ISOs. As you know, there is a lot of pressure once the springs are compressed. I don't see how they can move around once the full weight of the car is on them. Are you using after market CC plates? If so, as someone else mentioned, maybe the top bearings on the CC plates are a little dry.

shurur

Established Member
So OP should not put anything on the pigtails and keep looking for the source of the squeaking?...ah....ok.

If these are cut springs, they will not have the flat landings of regular springs...they will dig a bit at the lower control arm cups...

The OEM isos take away so little drop, I just don't get the obsession of leaving them out..I mean look at them when they are removed...they are pretty much flattened. The MM Prothane isos are another story.

Not be a pain, but there are countless threads like this one..
Lowering Springs.. Isolators or not?

Last edited:

FIREBALL

Established Member
[QUOTE=" If these are cut springs, they will not have the flat landings of regular springs...they will dig a bit at the lower control arm cups...[/QUOTE]

Depends on what end you cut, if you cut the non pig tail end then it hardly makes a difference.

If the Op or anyone here has a set of rear stock (upper and lower) rubber isolators in good shape I need and would like to buy, please PM me.

Last edited:

FIREBALL

Established Member
If your rear control arm bushings are polyurethane then that is probably where the squeaking is coming from.

CobraSam

Established Member
Just put the isolators back on and see if it goes away. Then just leave them on. If you wanna lower the car, just by lowering springs. I don’t 100% understand why everyone has to take them out. At least leave the top isolators on at the least where it contacts the chassis. That’s what I did. Used lowering springs and left the isolators in. Now I have a lower car with no issue

Users who are viewing this thread