**HELP** Wrench light/CEL after 2.9/JLT/SCJ TB install...

Lightnin440

Established Member
Hey guys,

hopefully you guys can help me out here...just recently installed a 2.9 Whipple, SCJ monoblade T/B, 105lb. injectors, BAP, & JLT 127mm CF CAI onto a 2011 GT500. Tune is via Lund. We've been working on it via datalogging. First tune was rich, had high idle, rpm hang at low speeds, but no wrench light or CEL issues...first revision was a touch lean, and now by the 3rd revision, idle if worlds better, no more hanging rpms, car drives great & makes power...BUT...now after a few minutes of driving I get a wrench light, car goes into limp mode and I get codes P0100, P0171 and or P0174, and P0000.

.....I have researched on here and so far I have adjusted the air filter out to the furthest point on the CAI, I have cleaned the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner, I readjusted the intake tube itself, checked to make sure the pcv hose was properly on, checked the harnesses on the SIP sensor, and TPS, and MAF sensor...and while each of these seemed to be a good fix after the next drive...on the second or third drive after clearing the codes, it comes back. I am lost. Jon Lund says it's not in the tune at all, and truthfully I believe it...although it never did anything like this with the first tune. I am going to go back and try the first tune again...but any help or advice here would be appreciated. I have read that the MAF CEL & the Bank Lean CEL's are related, but I am wondering if these are related to the Drive-by-Wire wrench light as well, or if that is a separate issue?? I have another TPS I could swap into the monoblade...but damn, it's a brand new TB, that sensor should not be bad...but I am wondering if my MAF is truly bad now...this sucks lol

thgt500

Established Member
I know it sounds crazy but what direction is the arrow pointing on your MAF? If it doesn't have an arrow which side is the red clip on the harness...top or bottom...Also i would check for air leaks in the joins of your CAI. My car actually started and drove with the MAF in backwards and had exact same symptoms yours has.

Tucker

I haven't seen a car run, or at least run well enough to drive with the MAF in backwards, but worth a check.

I would try the first or second tune to see if the codes come back, but the fact that the car is acting different for each tune, that means the tune is different each time.

Filter placement wouldn't cause anything like what your having other than a slight surge at cruise if anything.

Jon will get it straight for you

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Did your MAF seem to go in *funny* if you install it backwards, it actually is not align perfectly and has a odd feel to it when you try to line up the holes. Another way to make sure, is that the *opening* of the maf needs to point to the filter, and the curve points to the TB.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I'm running almost the exact same setup (2.9L, 127 JLT, SCJ). With the SCJ throttle body, I had a high/hanging idle for about 5 miles worth of driving then it went away and has been flawless ever since.

Maybe try that tune again, and give it a little time/driving to see if it clears up on it's own.

Lightnin440

Established Member
I'm running almost the exact same setup (2.9L, 127 JLT, SCJ). With the SCJ throttle body, I had a high/hanging idle for about 5 miles worth of driving then it went away and has been flawless ever since.

Maybe try that tune again, and give it a little time/driving to see if it clears up on it's own.

Hmmm yeah, I have been running this third at latest tune on it, and it's done it since the first day I had this tune in and keeps coming back, after MAF clean and all...now I am back to the first tune and no codes or lights...confusing...

Did your MAF seem to go in *funny* if you install it backwards, it actually is not align perfectly and has a odd feel to it when you try to line up the holes. Another way to make sure, is that the *opening* of the maf needs to point to the filter, and the curve points to the TB.

Yeah, when I first looked at it at install I was slightly confused, then realized the sensor is inverted so that the front MAF sensor wire faces the inlet of the intake tube...put it in and no issues with the first two tunes...weird...

I haven't seen a car run, or at least run well enough to drive with the MAF in backwards, but worth a check.

I would try the first or second tune to see if the codes come back, but the fact that the car is acting different for each tune, that means the tune is different each time.

Filter placement wouldn't cause anything like what your having other than a slight surge at cruise if anything.

Jon will get it straight for you

Yeah, it's def. a weird issue but I hope it can get cleared up before the bad weather comes & she has to get put to bed for the winter...I do appreciate all the help though guys!!!

mustangtw

Established Member
How do I post that file on here?? Just asking since I've never done that before lol

Hmmm, I'm looking now and I don't see anything where you can add an attachment. You may need to go to a file sharing site like 4shared.com and upload your file, then post the link on here so I can download it. Or you can pm me and I'll give you my email address and you can send it to me that way. If you have a datalog on the tune where and when the problem is occuring that would be most helpful.

Lightnin440

Established Member
Hey all!! Sorry it's taken a bit, we've been in an exercise on base & I haven't had much time to write back!!

As an update, it looks to be a tune-related issue...got back with Jon Lund & he sent me a new revision that has so far, not had the problem come back over the last few days...I am going to still check for potential vacuum leaks though to see if that's maybe why my idle fluctuates a 150rpm's or so (or if it's just the ecu & the monoblade trying to work together...)

I really appreciate ALL the help and assistance though & I'll keep everyone posted if the issues return!!

Lightnin440

Established Member
Hmmm, I'm looking now and I don't see anything where you can add an attachment. You may need to go to a file sharing site like 4shared.com and upload your file, then post the link on here so I can download it. Or you can pm me and I'll give you my email address and you can send it to me that way. If you have a datalog on the tune where and when the problem is occuring that would be most helpful.

Fair enough, I am a few days into the *new* tune and so far so good, but if she does it again, I will most def. send you a log - I appreciate the help!!

check for air leaks.......if all OK...its the tune...been there & done that !

Fair enough, at least someone else has seen something similar so I don't feel crazy hahaha I take it yours obviously was cleared up though??

2010 Red&white

Established Member
Fair enough, I am a few days into the *new* tune and so far so good, but if she does it again, I will most def. send you a log - I appreciate the help!!

Fair enough, at least someone else has seen something similar so I don't feel crazy hahaha I take it yours obviously was cleared up though??

The tune sure did fix all my issues...No more limp mode. I am sure you will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread