Established Member
i wanna buy some zaino stuff to buff and polish my car

which bottles should i buy from them or what do you guys recomend to get

thanks

joe

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Try TROPICARE.COM. Very similar to zaino, but it has a deeper shine, and goes on in one step instead of three. Get a bottle of TC-3. This is what I use, but you are your own guy.

NXGHOST

Established Member
Zaino can only be one step if thats all thats needed. Products with multiple steps have multiple steps for a reason. There is a huge difference between

-Polishing
-Waxing
-Sealing
-Swirl Removal

There is no product that does it in one step. One step products tend to lack one step or the other or all. For example, TC-3 will not fill in minor swirls of scratches. 2 step products such as Klasse will. If you want to use Tropicare and have slight swirls you must use TC-8, now its also a two step.....

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
Z2 = Polish/Sealant
Z5 = Polish /Swirl Remover

When I used Zaino, I would clay bar the whole car....Z5 x 2, then Z2 x2.....it always looked great.

1swt281

Established Member
thanks so i think i will order the claybar ,z2 and z5 is there a spray i need for the claybar?

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
They have a starter kit that has everything you need to get going including applicator pads. For my 04 Lightning, the WASH,CLAYBAR,Z2,ZFX accelerator and Z6 was used. All this comes in the starter kit for around $80 from there site. I had a couple people from work comment on my trucks shine and they ordered this kit with great results.

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
Originally posted by jster171
They have a starter kit that has everything you need to get going including applicator pads. For my 04 Lightning, the WASH,CLAYBAR,Z2,ZFX accelerator and Z6 was used. All this comes in the starter kit for around $80 from there site. I had a couple people from work comment on my trucks shine and they ordered this kit with great results.

Where did you buy the starter kit from?

tropi-care.com

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
TC-3 was not designed to fill in light scratches or swirl marks. It also does not require the use of mixers or boding agents for its application.

For vehicles without swirl marks, TC-3 can be the only needed product. Follow up with TC-5 Detail Spray after TC-3 removal.

The end results will only be as good as the surface preparation prior to it.

Still unsure about Tropi-Care products? We send 3 ounces of TC-3 product samples for testing and evaluation all over the US for $2 to cover mailing. We accept paypal at [email protected]

Scott P

Established Member
tropi-care.com said:
The end results will only be as good as the surface preparation prior to it.

This applies to any product and should be the mantra of anyone who wants their car to look it's best. Proper prep is essential to maximize the look of whatever last step product you use.

Getting the surface properly cleaned, smooth and swirl free will make all the difference in the world. It's the process , not the product that makes the biggest difference in the final results.

ls1pwrd02ss

proper prep is they key to a clean deep shine on a vehicle.
i am a former zaino user my self. yeah it did give a nice finish but all the mixing and time to apply the product was just a pain in the butt.
not only am i a tropicare user im also a dealer for them. when it comes to car polishes and waxes its a very touchy subject to a car nut. everyone has there own favorite. i say try both products zanio and tropicare. but i promise you you will like the 69 buck buckets kit far better than the zaino, not only by price but quanity and finish. if nothing else try the 2 dollar sample either i can send it to you or steve can send it either way. good luck at which ever one you choose.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I've been using Zaino for a year for one reason. I bought the starter kit for $90, cost so much friggin money I felt guilty not using it all up. The stuff lasts a while, I'll give it that, but doesn't have th brilliant luster or deep shine I was looking for. I just spent $40 on a poor boy clearkote combo kit that I'm hoping will get me the results I want.

spree

Established Member
If you absolutely want to use Zaino, you will need additional products to do the proper prep work (as others have stated). You will need some clay, a good swirl/scratch remover, and a polish. Zaino is your last layer (it's a sealant).

smokincobra04

Established Member
do u have to use Zanio in those steps? I just had my whole car wax ect and buffed out. but i just wanna keep the smoothness and shine to it which zaino should i buy like a polish or wax?

spree

Established Member
smokincobra04 said:
do u have to use Zanio in those steps? I just had my whole car wax ect and buffed out. but i just wanna keep the smoothness and shine to it which zaino should i buy like a polish or wax?

Zaino labels itself as a polish, but it's actually a sealant. I would buy a swirl remover and an actual polish to spice things up a bit. On a black car, I'd go with Poorboy's SSR (swirl remover) and Clearkote Vanilla Moose (polish). Zaino would go on last.

Scott P

Established Member
spree said:
Zaino labels itself as a polish, but it's actually a sealant. I would buy a swirl remover and an actual polish to spice things up a bit. On a black car, I'd go with Poorboy's SSR (swirl remover) and Clearkote Vanilla Moose (polish). Zaino would go on last.

Actually, Zaino will not bond to Vanilla Moose. VM is a glaze and has oils that would prevent bonding. For Zaino prep, I'd go SSR2.5 then SSR1. Or, you can go SSR2 follwoed by Klasse AIO. Be sure to use Z-1 or Zfx or proper bonding and curing.

spree

Established Member
Scott P said:
Actually, Zaino will not bond to Vanilla Moose. VM is a glaze and has oils that would prevent bonding. For Zaino prep, I'd go SSR2.5 then SSR1. Or, you can go SSR2 follwoed by Klasse AIO. Be sure to use Z-1 or Zfx or proper bonding and curing.

damn...are there any other polishes besides AIO that it'll play nice with?

Scott P

Established Member
SSR1 is a swirl remover that a lot of folks use as a final polish. Poorboy's Pro Polish would be great too. I don't knwo what other things people have used as a base. Zaino does need a clean surface to bond too.

metaman

Established Member
I have been using zaino on my dark shadow grey 03 cobra for one year now. I currently have 4 coats of z5 swirll remover / sealant and 8 coats of z2 polish. Make sure you buff any hard water stains off with some fine cut polish like maquiers no7, the clay bars did not remove them for me.

Aside from that, this stuff is amazing on the dsg paint. The metalic in the paint looks like it is floating above the grey. Looks like I have 5 clear coats on top of the factory paint job!

Here is what you should buy. Get the z5, z2, clay bars, z6 gloss enhancer, and the car wash. Do the entire car with the clay bar, follow instructions on the zaino web site for making clay bar lubricant. Then apply the z5 4 or 5 times to eliminate any swirl marks. Every time you put it on the paint will get deeper. Then hit the entire car with the z6 gloss enhancer. Then apply a coat of z2. Then follow with the gloss enhancer, then z2 and so on. I did not reach the point of diminishing return until I got to 6 or 7 coats of z2.

99AZ_Lightning

Established Member
Z2 = Polish/Sealant
Z5 = Polish /Swirl Remover

When I used Zaino, I would clay bar the whole car....Z5 x 2, then Z2 x2.....it always looked great.

this is only way to go. check out there web site and they have instructions on how to do everything.

Users who are viewing this thread