Help with WIERD steering wheel oscillation

nitrojunk

Established Member
Ok - this is what I'm dealing with.. Jump on highway cruising SOUTH about 60-70 steering wheel has a visible left to right oscillation which is constant .. now here is where it gets WEIRD .. make a U Turn and come back the same highway NORTH and Boom - wheel is solid .. no oscillation.

so it seems to me that it all depends on the road I'm on ... and I cant figure out what causes this .. What should I be checking to make sure everything is tight ?

Thanks to all

01yellercobra

Established Member
Had that same issue with a set of tires on my old Expedition. Sometimes it would almost rip the steering wheel out of your hand. Other times it was fine. A new set of tires took care of it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Swap them to the back and see if it follows. When I rotated the tires I could feel the shake move to the back of the truck.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Something I noticed on my cobra,

Driving in the rain.

Most of the time I've never had issues, but as car aged I started to get problems just Driving,,any speed you had your live in your hands ,

I had replaced all wheel bearings just because.

Noticed car than drove fine in rain at any speed

Being yours is different after turn.

Wheel bearing came to Thought vs tire cause how it changed

nitrojunk

Established Member
all great advice as usual guys .. ill be piecing together some parts over the winter so that im ready for spring. Car is going in soon for ARH System .. current Kooks Longtubes are the old 2 piece and they leak and hang to low for my liking.

Users who are viewing this thread