Help with Whipple install.

Big Man

Fill r Up!
Established Member
Im having a problem here. Is it normal for the s/c to hit against the firewall while sliding it back to the bypass valve? It gets to about an inch and then it starts hitting the firewall and becomes difficialt to move it back anymore. I have been working on this install since Saturday morning and Im getting tried of all these damn road blocks that keep coming up since. Need some help here please.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
Totally normal. It required 2 people to get Will's in (the 10 or so times it's been on and off) 1 person pushes the blower back via the snout. The other guilds it over the valve. You think it's not going to fit but it does, your only missing by 1/2 inch or so before it pops on. The person pushing does end up pushing fairly hard. a Dead blow can be used but you have to choose where to TAP carefully. And I mean tap, not Gripstang tap :)

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
Accually it pops off easier. Lift and twist counterclockwise grabbing from the center of the compressor housing.

If you have the sound deadening pad on the firewall you may have to trim it. It was only on a couple of years trucks.

buzzyinmich

King Buzzy
Established Member
Yo Bigman, I have a solution to your prob. Just shoot me over the WHIPPLE and put your eaton back on! :)

Users who are viewing this thread